Arly Lariviere Headlines Jazzy Sundays at Moca Café and Lounge
Konpa music crooner returns to site of his first solo apperance
Call it an encore.
Konpa music crooner Arly Lariviere, the lead singer in one of Haitian music's most popular bands, NuLook, returns this weekend to Jazzy Sundays at North Miami's Moca Cafe and Lounge.
Lariviere last performed at the North Miami lounge (738 NE 125th St.) in September, surprising fans with his grand entrance. With the spotlight shining on him, Lariviere opened his first solo appearance at the lounge, standing on top of a back bar.
With fans screaming and singing along, he wooed them with such English and Creole-fused favorites as "Wasn't meant to be," and "Is it real?"
Rodney Noel, one of the owners of the restaurant and lounge, said the evening remains one of the lounge's most popular and packed shows.
In addition to Lariviere, this weekend's edition of Jazzy Sundays will also include a performance by Beethova Obas, a popular singer/songwriter in the Haitian Creole jazz scene. Obas has won critical acclaim for his voice, compositions and melodies that have featured jazz, blues, Haitian roots and Brazilian influences.
Jazzy Sundays is from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Cost is $30 in advance. For table reservations and more information call 305-899-2699.
Jazzy Sundays at Moca Cafe and Lounge
738 NE 125th St., Miami
Sundays from 8 - 11 p.m.
Admission: $30 in advance
- 7 Haitian Heritage Month events and festivities not to miss in May
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Questlove Spin Session, Divine 9 Greek Picnic, Cigars & Cocktails Mixer, and more
- Jason Derulo, Alabama Shakes, Megan Trainor, The Roots and more headline SunFest 2016
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Big Night in Little Haiti Finale, The Jam Day Party, Rakim live and more
- Game On: Polo and Champagne Brunch at the International Polo Club
- Miami Soul: Top 7 Moments at the 2016 Jazz in the Gardens
- Miami Soul Pre-Jazz Weekend Guide: Cigars & Stilettos party, Jazz Festival Brunch, Social with the Nupes
- Miami Soul: Charlie Wilson headlines Jazz in the Gardens, Women's Impact Conference celebrates Girl Power
- Miami Soul: 5 Things to Look Forward to at the 11th Annual Jazz in the Gardens
- Overture to Overtown Annual Jazz Festival