Arly Lariviere Headlines Jazzy Sundays at Moca Café and Lounge
Konpa music crooner returns to site of his first solo apperance
Jazzy Sundays at Moca Cafe and Lounge
738 NE 125th St., Miami
Sundays from 8 - 11 p.m.
Admission: $30 in advance
Call it an encore.
Konpa music crooner Arly Lariviere, the lead singer in one of Haitian music's most popular bands, NuLook, returns this weekend to Jazzy Sundays at North Miami's Moca Cafe and Lounge.
Lariviere last performed at the North Miami lounge (738 NE 125th St.) in September, surprising fans with his grand entrance. With the spotlight shining on him, Lariviere opened his first solo appearance at the lounge, standing on top of a back bar.
With fans screaming and singing along, he wooed them with such English and Creole-fused favorites as "Wasn't meant to be," and "Is it real?"
Rodney Noel, one of the owners of the restaurant and lounge, said the evening remains one of the lounge's most popular and packed shows.
In addition to Lariviere, this weekend's edition of Jazzy Sundays will also include a performance by Beethova Obas, a popular singer/songwriter in the Haitian Creole jazz scene. Obas has won critical acclaim for his voice, compositions and melodies that have featured jazz, blues, Haitian roots and Brazilian influences.
Jazzy Sundays is from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Cost is $30 in advance. For table reservations and more information call 305-899-2699.
- Alonzo Mourning's Inaugural Zo's Winter Groove
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Tis the season for holiday parties
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Diner En Blanc's Miami Debut
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Remy Rendezvous Art Basel yacht party
- Miami Soul Ultimate Black Basel Guide - Part 2: The party guide for Art Basel 2014
- Miami Soul Ultimate Black Basel Guide - Part 1: Soul Basel, Art Africa, Fusion MIA, and more at Art Basel 2014
- Miami Soul: Ultra chic pop-up dining, Diner en Blanc, makes Miami debut
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Miami Reggae Fest, The Reggae Social, and more events
- 3rd Annual Art of Transformation: A series of artistic events celebrating the revitalization of Opa-locka
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Oprah's The Life You Want weekend & Covergirl Breakfast Power Meetup