Arly Lariviere Headlines Jazzy Sundays at Moca Café and Lounge
Konpa music crooner returns to site of his first solo apperance
Jazzy Sundays at Moca Cafe and Lounge
738 NE 125th St., Miami
Sundays from 8 - 11 p.m.
Admission: $30 in advance
Call it an encore.
Konpa music crooner Arly Lariviere, the lead singer in one of Haitian music's most popular bands, NuLook, returns this weekend to Jazzy Sundays at North Miami's Moca Cafe and Lounge.
Lariviere last performed at the North Miami lounge (738 NE 125th St.) in September, surprising fans with his grand entrance. With the spotlight shining on him, Lariviere opened his first solo appearance at the lounge, standing on top of a back bar.
With fans screaming and singing along, he wooed them with such English and Creole-fused favorites as "Wasn't meant to be," and "Is it real?"
Rodney Noel, one of the owners of the restaurant and lounge, said the evening remains one of the lounge's most popular and packed shows.
In addition to Lariviere, this weekend's edition of Jazzy Sundays will also include a performance by Beethova Obas, a popular singer/songwriter in the Haitian Creole jazz scene. Obas has won critical acclaim for his voice, compositions and melodies that have featured jazz, blues, Haitian roots and Brazilian influences.
Jazzy Sundays is from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Cost is $30 in advance. For table reservations and more information call 305-899-2699.
- Noire Miami Travel Series: Black Nomads and Travelistas share their tips on traveling internationally
- Noire Miami weekend guide: Five Shades of Green, Kulcha Shok Muzik, SPEAKtacular, and more
- Love Life and the 411 with Jill Tracey April 10 - April 17
- Noire Miami weekend guide: Mike Epps Comedy Show, Delta Sigma Theta Red Shoe Affair, and more
- Love Life and the 411 April 3 - April 10
- Love Life and the 411 March 27 - April 3
- Noire Miami weekend guide: Questlove Spin Session, Miami Ques Spring Fever, Sunday Soiree, and more
- Live from Jazz in the Gardens 2014: Backstage with Jill Tracey
- The party before the party: Friday night party lineup to kick off Jazz in the Gardens
- Bassist Stanley Clarke to appear at Jazz in the Gardens 2014