Arly Lariviere Headlines Jazzy Sundays at Moca Café and Lounge
Konpa music crooner returns to site of his first solo apperance
Jazzy Sundays at Moca Cafe and Lounge
738 NE 125th St., Miami
Sundays from 8 - 11 p.m.
Admission: $30 in advance
Call it an encore.
Konpa music crooner Arly Lariviere, the lead singer in one of Haitian music's most popular bands, NuLook, returns this weekend to Jazzy Sundays at North Miami's Moca Cafe and Lounge.
Lariviere last performed at the North Miami lounge (738 NE 125th St.) in September, surprising fans with his grand entrance. With the spotlight shining on him, Lariviere opened his first solo appearance at the lounge, standing on top of a back bar.
With fans screaming and singing along, he wooed them with such English and Creole-fused favorites as "Wasn't meant to be," and "Is it real?"
Rodney Noel, one of the owners of the restaurant and lounge, said the evening remains one of the lounge's most popular and packed shows.
In addition to Lariviere, this weekend's edition of Jazzy Sundays will also include a performance by Beethova Obas, a popular singer/songwriter in the Haitian Creole jazz scene. Obas has won critical acclaim for his voice, compositions and melodies that have featured jazz, blues, Haitian roots and Brazilian influences.
Jazzy Sundays is from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Cost is $30 in advance. For table reservations and more information call 305-899-2699.
- Grammy Award-winning artist Angelique Kidjo, John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall
- Noire Miami's Memorial Day party picks for the weekend
- Rob Delaney teams up with local company for game
- Wendy Williams to visit Books and Books, Coral Gables
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest in Miami
- Little Haiti Catwalk: An Evening of Words and Art with Fashion Icon Donna Karan
- South Florida filmmakers fight to the finish, screenings to follow
- 50 most powerful African Americans in South Florida
- Erotically Speaking: Bohemia Room brings 11 years of poetry
- Noire Miami faves for South Beach Comedy Festival 2013