Arly Lariviere Headlines Jazzy Sundays at Moca Café and Lounge
Konpa music crooner returns to site of his first solo apperance
Jazzy Sundays at Moca Cafe and Lounge
738 NE 125th St., Miami
Sundays from 8 - 11 p.m.
Admission: $30 in advance
Call it an encore.
Konpa music crooner Arly Lariviere, the lead singer in one of Haitian music's most popular bands, NuLook, returns this weekend to Jazzy Sundays at North Miami's Moca Cafe and Lounge.
Lariviere last performed at the North Miami lounge (738 NE 125th St.) in September, surprising fans with his grand entrance. With the spotlight shining on him, Lariviere opened his first solo appearance at the lounge, standing on top of a back bar.
With fans screaming and singing along, he wooed them with such English and Creole-fused favorites as "Wasn't meant to be," and "Is it real?"
Rodney Noel, one of the owners of the restaurant and lounge, said the evening remains one of the lounge's most popular and packed shows.
In addition to Lariviere, this weekend's edition of Jazzy Sundays will also include a performance by Beethova Obas, a popular singer/songwriter in the Haitian Creole jazz scene. Obas has won critical acclaim for his voice, compositions and melodies that have featured jazz, blues, Haitian roots and Brazilian influences.
Jazzy Sundays is from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Cost is $30 in advance. For table reservations and more information call 305-899-2699.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Colors of the Caribbean, Big Night in Little Haiti featuring Akoustik Band, and more
- Taste of the Caribbean 2015: A Showcase of Caribbean Cuisine
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Juneteenth Food & Music Festival, Greek Cookout, Deltas After Dark, and more
- Miami Soul: Caribbean-American Heritage Month Events Around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: CAT's Corner: A Jazz Fusion Experience, Que Boogaloo, All White Yacht Party and more
- Miami Soul: Live Jazz Spots Around Miami
- Miami Soul Memorial Day weekend guide: PAMM Memorial Day BBQ, Palm Beach Jerk & Caribbean Culture Festival, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Kinfolks SoulFood Music Festival and other events around South Florida
- Haitian Heritage Cultural Month Celebrations Around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: RonDayVu Day Party, Taste the Islands, Wireless Headphone Party Experience, and more