Arena Restaurant & Lounge brings jazzy nightlife to Miami Beach
This new spot located at 6th and Washington Avenue promises an intimate alternative to the noisy SoBe nightlife showcasing local jazz along with classy food and drinks.
While there’s no shortage of loud and wild clubs in Miami Beach, there’s definitely a void for those who prefer a more intimate night out away from the intense parties. Arena Restaurant & Lounge hopes to fill that void with their new space 6th and Washington Avenue.
The new spot offers a modern take on a traditional jazz lounge with sleek, futuristic furnishings. The space promises to provide an alternative to the deafening techno soundtracks that fill South Beach’s clubs by offering nightly jazz music. The house band features local jazz musicians Hali Kaylon Rodriguez and Rene Toledo, who will be joined by acclaimed visiting artists.
For the restaurant portion, Chef Eduardo Rodrigues will be executing the food for the restaurant; he’s cooked for some of the swankiest addresses in Miami including Fisher Island and Grand Bay Club.
The space will be opening on November 14th at 9:30 PM, where the lounge will celebrate the birthday of lauded jazz musician Sammy Figueroa with a performance by the man himself backed by the Arena house band.
Arena Restaurant & Lounge is located at 653 Washington Avenue in Miami Beach. For more information, go to www.areanmiamibeach.com.
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 25-27
- Florida band Anberlin says goodbye at Vans Warped Tour
- Mad Decent Block Party tour kicks off in Fort Lauderdale
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Keep the party going after the sun sets on Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 18 - 20
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach