Arena Restaurant & Lounge brings jazzy nightlife to Miami Beach
This new spot located at 6th and Washington Avenue promises an intimate alternative to the noisy SoBe nightlife showcasing local jazz along with classy food and drinks.
While there’s no shortage of loud and wild clubs in Miami Beach, there’s definitely a void for those who prefer a more intimate night out away from the intense parties. Arena Restaurant & Lounge hopes to fill that void with their new space 6th and Washington Avenue.
The new spot offers a modern take on a traditional jazz lounge with sleek, futuristic furnishings. The space promises to provide an alternative to the deafening techno soundtracks that fill South Beach’s clubs by offering nightly jazz music. The house band features local jazz musicians Hali Kaylon Rodriguez and Rene Toledo, who will be joined by acclaimed visiting artists.
For the restaurant portion, Chef Eduardo Rodrigues will be executing the food for the restaurant; he’s cooked for some of the swankiest addresses in Miami including Fisher Island and Grand Bay Club.
The space will be opening on November 14th at 9:30 PM, where the lounge will celebrate the birthday of lauded jazz musician Sammy Figueroa with a performance by the man himself backed by the Arena house band.
Arena Restaurant & Lounge is located at 653 Washington Avenue in Miami Beach. For more information, go to www.areanmiamibeach.com.
- DJ Steve Lawler plays one party during Miami Music Week
- Paul Kalkbrenner makes his U.S. debut at Ultra
- Damian Lazarus is ready to Get Lost
- CD Review: Ultra Music Festival Compilation 2014
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, Cuban zeitgeist, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - March 7 - 9
- Miami DJs unite for a Sunday party series at Will Call debuting on the anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death