Area 31's E. Michael Reidt hosts sea foraging field trip & feast with visiting chefs
Nov. 13 'Chefs, Shells & Champagne' limited ticket feast featuring Pino Maffeo, Patricia Yeo, Sean Brasel & Toni Susi is $75
On November 12, Area 31 chef E. Michael Reidt will host a fab field trip to Key Largo where he and an entourage of equally acclaimed chefs will forage for spiny lobster, conch and clams--the subject matter of a dinner open to the public the following night (11/13) and costing $75 per person.
Joining Reidt on the field trip and dinner are: Pino Maffeo, a restaurant consultant and previous winner of Food & Wine's Best New Chefs, Star Chefs winner and one of Esquire's Best New Restaurants (the now shuttered Restaurant L in Boston); Patricia Yeo, of Chicago's 1 Eleven Marketing Hospitality, a previous season 4 contestant on Top Chef Masters, recipient of 2 Michelin stars for her early 2000s NYC restaurant AZ, NY Times columnist and Saveur contributor; Sean Brasel of Miami's buzzy Meat Market as well as 2012 Chopped contestant, and Star Chefs winner; and Toni Susi of NY's Isola Trattoria, Gourmet Magazine's Top 50 Restaurants and Star Chefs winner.
As for the field trip finale held outside on the terrace on the 13th, each chef will have an "action station with items foraged from the day before," including spiny lobster and smoked sapote; seared oysters with jack fruit; clam ceviche with starfruit and aji amarilo and chef Susi's famous lobster gnocchi. There's also a raw bar, paella station, grilled station and a Veuve Clicquot open bar from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. To get your ticket, email email@example.com.
270 Biscayne Blvd. Way
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name