Arboleda Vintage & Handmade Crafts Festival
Shop for everything from retro wares to pop art on Saturday in Design District
The Arboleda Vintage & Handmade Crafts Festival launches this Saturday in Miami’s Design District with over 60 local artists and vendors.
Founders and Miami natives Grace M. Castro and Francine Madera created the event after visiting similar ones in Austin, Brooklyn, Chicago and LA.
”This type of outdoor festival which supports indie arts is big in other cities so we wanted to do something similar that supports our local community,” said Madera.
Most of the artists selling at Saturday’s festival are also vendors on Etsy.com, a website aimed at allowing independent business owners to sell their hand-made and one-of-kind goods.
“We are big fans of the Etsy and we wanted people to have the opportunity to see the items up close,” said Castro who also has a shop on Etsy called Collective Stash.
Some participants at the event are jeweler Reinvintage, T-shirt brand Aleloop, accessories designer The Cashmere Girl and houseware duo Mabel & Elodie.
Plus, the family friendly fest will have activities like do-it-yourself tutorial workstations for adults, craft activities for kids, live art performances, raffles, giveaways for the first 100 guests to arrive, food trucks, a Beck’s Beer Garden as well as live performances from local indie bands.
The Arboleda Vintage & Handmade Crafts Festival
Saturday, Nov. 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Miami Design District -The Palm Lot; 140 NE 39th St., Miami
Admission is Free
Street and valet parking is available.
For more information: www.arboledafest.com.
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Launch Is Heavenly Scent
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know Were Sprouting up In the Design District
- Where is the newest H&M going to open in South Florida? We know all the details
- Sawgrass Mills Memorial Day Super Sale
- H&M Aventura Is Getting a Facelift
- Destination Fashion 2016 Recap
- Design on a Dime 2016
- Bal Harbour Shops Hosts Film Festival for Fashion Lovers
- Trina Turk & Mr. Turk Boutique Opening in MiMo
- 9 New Stores At Sawgrass Mills