AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
Former Forge chef freshens up swanky resort's menu while hailed sushi spot serves the raw stuff
Settled into his swanky new Sunny Isles digs, Dewey LoSasso is readying for the April debut of AQ by Acqualina, featuring a "Mediterranean-inspired menu embracing LoSasso’s fresh-from-Florida ethos." On that menu: $9 to $20 starters including rough falafel with ricotta, olives and prosciutto; grouper cheeks and chopped escarole, black walnut dust and avocado oil powder; and LoSasso’s version of Green Eggs and Ham – baked eggs with chives, Iberico ham and dollops of mascarpone; $6 to $12 crostini and other small plates include tuna crudo crostini with fig jam and truffle essence; sautéed cauliflower and pistachios with orange hot pepper relish; and charred octopus with boiled garlic spread and olives;$16 to $30 mains include herb-seared yellow fin tuna marsala with wild mushroom, capers and salsify; grilled skirt steak and foie gras tostones with tomato-pancetta BLT and wild board black beans; and farro risotto with French feta and grilled vegetables. And, because no restaurant of any ethnicity is complete with out it, there will also be a full sushi and raw bar managed by sushi chefs from the hailed Hiro's Yakko-San. In all fairness, the sushi spot was there first. Desserts will be made by resident pastry chef Rodney Barchi and a revamped cocktail program will feature, well, cocktails served creatively.
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
17875 Collins Avenue
Sunny Isles Beach
Sunday – Thursday, 5:30 – 10 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 5:30 – 11 p.m
- BLT Steak losing the B and adding Seafood to become LT Steak & Seafood
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- The Stones, McCartney, Dylan & DeRosa! Izzy's Fish & Oyster's Jamie DeRosa repping Miami at The Desert Trip
- The #FoieLife:Chef Jeremiah's Duck Duck Goose quacking in Wynwood June
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"