AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
Former Forge chef freshens up swanky resort's menu while hailed sushi spot serves the raw stuff
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
17875 Collins Avenue
Sunny Isles Beach
Sunday – Thursday, 5:30 – 10 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 5:30 – 11 p.m
Settled into his swanky new Sunny Isles digs, Dewey LoSasso is readying for the April debut of AQ by Acqualina, featuring a "Mediterranean-inspired menu embracing LoSasso’s fresh-from-Florida ethos." On that menu: $9 to $20 starters including rough falafel with ricotta, olives and prosciutto; grouper cheeks and chopped escarole, black walnut dust and avocado oil powder; and LoSasso’s version of Green Eggs and Ham – baked eggs with chives, Iberico ham and dollops of mascarpone; $6 to $12 crostini and other small plates include tuna crudo crostini with fig jam and truffle essence; sautéed cauliflower and pistachios with orange hot pepper relish; and charred octopus with boiled garlic spread and olives;$16 to $30 mains include herb-seared yellow fin tuna marsala with wild mushroom, capers and salsify; grilled skirt steak and foie gras tostones with tomato-pancetta BLT and wild board black beans; and farro risotto with French feta and grilled vegetables. And, because no restaurant of any ethnicity is complete with out it, there will also be a full sushi and raw bar managed by sushi chefs from the hailed Hiro's Yakko-San. In all fairness, the sushi spot was there first. Desserts will be made by resident pastry chef Rodney Barchi and a revamped cocktail program will feature, well, cocktails served creatively.
- London's Japanese-Peruvian Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami