Anything that Floats Regatta
The Anything that Floats Regatta takes place this weekend challenging sailors to make seaworthy vessels out of household clutter.
Hey Gilligan, time to show the ocean who's boss! Teams of sailors will compete to see who can create the most seaworthy vessel using things from around the house: cardboard, duct tape, buckets, saran wrap, T-shirts, furniture, etc. No motors, foam, pool toys or inflatable rafts allowed.
The fun takes place on Blackwater Sound, mile marker 104, bayside in Key Largo, Florida Keys. Friday night kicks off the festivities with a Captain's Party at 7:30 p.m. at Senor Frijoles. The race happens Saturday at 2 p.m. where teams of 2, 4 and unlimited teams will compete in several categories including Best Looking Crew, Best Decorated Boat and more. Someone may win the race as well, but that's not really the point.
Enter a homemade vessel, join the regatta on Blackwater Sound, or cheer on your favorite team from land as the contestants navigate the course from the Caribbean Club to Sundowners and back. The party continues after the sun sets, with music and fireworks.
Anything That Floats
August 20 at 7:30 p.m. Captain's Party at Senor Frijoles
August 21 at 2 p.m. race day
Blackwater Sound, Mile Marker 104, bayside
See and Do
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- 9 ways to know you are at a Miami baby shower
- 5 places to cool down in Miami
- Miami voted best city for facial hair - free trims this weekend for all
- Ultimate Guide to Miami's Museums
- 10 ways to know you are at a Miami wedding
- 5 Miami neighborhoods that are developing arts communities
- 13 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - May 20-22
- Are you ready for a Miami art festival celebrating nudity and eroticism?
- 8 events not to miss in Miami - June 2016