Anything that Floats Regatta
The Anything that Floats Regatta takes place this weekend challenging sailors to make seaworthy vessels out of household clutter.
Anything That Floats
August 20 at 7:30 p.m. Captain's Party at Senor Frijoles
August 21 at 2 p.m. race day
Blackwater Sound, Mile Marker 104, bayside
Hey Gilligan, time to show the ocean who's boss! Teams of sailors will compete to see who can create the most seaworthy vessel using things from around the house: cardboard, duct tape, buckets, saran wrap, T-shirts, furniture, etc. No motors, foam, pool toys or inflatable rafts allowed.
The fun takes place on Blackwater Sound, mile marker 104, bayside in Key Largo, Florida Keys. Friday night kicks off the festivities with a Captain's Party at 7:30 p.m. at Senor Frijoles. The race happens Saturday at 2 p.m. where teams of 2, 4 and unlimited teams will compete in several categories including Best Looking Crew, Best Decorated Boat and more. Someone may win the race as well, but that's not really the point.
Enter a homemade vessel, join the regatta on Blackwater Sound, or cheer on your favorite team from land as the contestants navigate the course from the Caribbean Club to Sundowners and back. The party continues after the sun sets, with music and fireworks.
See and Do
- Shrek, Legos, Cinco de Mayo & Mother’s Day Treats: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 4-10
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 1-3
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - May 1-3
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Parachutes & Doktor Kaboom: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 27 - May 3
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 24-26
- ‘MythBusters’ duo gets Miami audience involved in science hijinks
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’