Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza opens shop in South Beach
Dan Marino is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale-based chain
Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
520 West Ave., Miami Beach
Hours: Lunch and dinner daily
Fort Lauderdale-based Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza is opening its first South Beach shop on Monday, May 12.
On Wednesday, for the official grand opening, NFL Hall of Famer and pizza enthusiast Dan Marino (he's a partner in the chain) will be at the new restaurant. Expect to see him chowing down on an Eggplant Marino between posing for selfies and signing pizza boxes.
Since opening its first location in Fort Lauderdale in 2002, Anthony's has gone on to expand to 46 restaurants in Florida, Delaware, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
“The sun, the sand, the nightlife. Miami Beach has everything, except good coal fired pizza,” founder Anthony Bruno said. “That’s why I’m taking my talents to South Beach. I can’t wait to share my well done pies and Italian soul food with the locals and tourists.”
Anthony's in South Beach features a full bar with craft beers on draft like Fuhgeddaboudit Red Ale, brewed for Anthony's by Funky Buddha Brewery in Oakland Park. Besides pizzas cooked in an 800-degree coal-burning oven, Anthony's menu includes oven-roasted chicken wings, homemade meatballs, Italian salads and more.
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location