Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza opens shop in South Beach
Dan Marino is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale-based chain
Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
520 West Ave., Miami Beach
Hours: Lunch and dinner daily
Fort Lauderdale-based Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza is opening its first South Beach shop on Monday, May 12.
On Wednesday, for the official grand opening, NFL Hall of Famer and pizza enthusiast Dan Marino (he's a partner in the chain) will be at the new restaurant. Expect to see him chowing down on an Eggplant Marino between posing for selfies and signing pizza boxes.
Since opening its first location in Fort Lauderdale in 2002, Anthony's has gone on to expand to 46 restaurants in Florida, Delaware, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
“The sun, the sand, the nightlife. Miami Beach has everything, except good coal fired pizza,” founder Anthony Bruno said. “That’s why I’m taking my talents to South Beach. I can’t wait to share my well done pies and Italian soul food with the locals and tourists.”
Anthony's in South Beach features a full bar with craft beers on draft like Fuhgeddaboudit Red Ale, brewed for Anthony's by Funky Buddha Brewery in Oakland Park. Besides pizzas cooked in an 800-degree coal-burning oven, Anthony's menu includes oven-roasted chicken wings, homemade meatballs, Italian salads and more.
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space