Anne Burrell talks fest, new cookbook, show
Lots going on for her
Anne Burrell won’t have much time to laze about when she’s in town for the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Check out this schedule: She’ll be a judge Friday at Burger Bash, then host Medianoches & Mixology at Wynwood Walls, and on Sunday she does a demo at the Grand Tasting. Then again, lounging isn’t the Food Network personality’s style. The upstate New York native, 44, would rather be cooking or, at the very least, teaching others how to hone their skills, as she does on her Monday night FN show Worst Cooks in America.
What food are you looking forward to trying at the fest?
Oh, my; all of it! I love the burgers, and how could I not love a sandwich? I have dedicated a whole chapter to them in my new book, Own Your Kitchen.
What are some of the best tips you can give from your book?
Read the recipe all the way through before you start cooking. Taste your food as you go. Salt, people! Embrace it!
What can we expect from this season of “Worst Cooks In America”?
Some extremely funny, interesting and heartfelt moments. It is so rewarding to watch the progression of all the candidates; it is really what I love about this show.
You are not only a great chef but an awesome teacher. What is the one thing you would tell a clueless chef who had aspirations in the kitchen?
It is all about learning the basics and applying them. The best tools you have are your hands. And just own it!
What is a food trend you are seeing lately?
Comfort foods or throwbacks to your childhood.
More info: www.sobefest.com
On Our Radar
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook
- Pokemon Go Invades Miami and here’s our cheat sheet