Anne Burrell talks fest, new cookbook, show
Lots going on for her
Anne Burrell won’t have much time to laze about when she’s in town for the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Check out this schedule: She’ll be a judge Friday at Burger Bash, then host Medianoches & Mixology at Wynwood Walls, and on Sunday she does a demo at the Grand Tasting. Then again, lounging isn’t the Food Network personality’s style. The upstate New York native, 44, would rather be cooking or, at the very least, teaching others how to hone their skills, as she does on her Monday night FN show Worst Cooks in America.
What food are you looking forward to trying at the fest?
Oh, my; all of it! I love the burgers, and how could I not love a sandwich? I have dedicated a whole chapter to them in my new book, Own Your Kitchen.
What are some of the best tips you can give from your book?
Read the recipe all the way through before you start cooking. Taste your food as you go. Salt, people! Embrace it!
What can we expect from this season of “Worst Cooks In America”?
Some extremely funny, interesting and heartfelt moments. It is so rewarding to watch the progression of all the candidates; it is really what I love about this show.
You are not only a great chef but an awesome teacher. What is the one thing you would tell a clueless chef who had aspirations in the kitchen?
It is all about learning the basics and applying them. The best tools you have are your hands. And just own it!
What is a food trend you are seeing lately?
Comfort foods or throwbacks to your childhood.
More info: www.sobefest.com
On Our Radar
- Beyonce and Jay Z look and act like a couple in Miami
- 10 ways to prepare for the Beyonce concert
- Beyonce bringing post Lemonade drama to Miami
- Lil Kim looks a lot different in Miami
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West take Miami for wedding
- Andy Cohen pays tribute to Prince in Miami at Arsht gala
- Enrique Iglesias gets frank on Facebook
- Tia Mowry in Miami: Online bullying is not OK
- 2016 - The Year The Music Died - Bowie, Frey, Prince
- Prince’s best Miami moments from a nightlife insider