Angels in America
Models strut their stuff at show
Show airs on CBS Tuesday night at 10 p.m.
Add a pair of wings to the backs of many models, and you'll find they walk even taller than they usually do. Three beauties who won Vic- toria's Secret "angel'' status (reserved for its stars) also got to wear some of the best outfits in the retailer's annual catwalk show shown Tuesday night on CBS.
Lily Aldridge jokes that she's so used to walking around in her underwear that she feels a little "weird'' being fully dressed. To prep for the show, the 25-year-old did extra ses- sions of pilates and kickboxing -- and the dreaded series of 100 crunches, leg and rear-end lifts. She also tries to avoid sugar, but she'll cook steak when she visits her family in Nashville.
Erin Heatherton, an Illinois native, doesn't go on any of her globe-trotting shoots without her iPad. She needs a constant, eclectic soundtrack to her work, fun and travels. Most people don't realize that the fresh-scrubbed model doubles as the glam model who wore a gold-warrior capelet and peacock panty on the runway, as well as a sequined box- ing bra. "Sometimes people know me when I'm shopping in the store, but otherwise I transform a lot with makeup. My look is normally almost boyish and very young looking," says the 21-year-old.
Candice Swanepoel gets ‘‘in a zone'' that's positive, upbeat and confident when the time comes to strut. The thought of stumbling does cross her mind, but other things make her more jittery. ‘‘Getting down to your knickers in front of the whole world is a little nerve-racking, but I love it," says the 22-year-old South African.
On Our Radar
- Miami Heat players attend opening of new Edition Boutique.
- Donald Trump spends Turkey Day in Florida
- Michael B Jordan in Miami talking 'Creed'
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.