Andrew Zimmern: Bizarre Foods in Miami
Eats weird stuff here
World traveler Andrew Zimmern, host of Bizarre Foods of America, got a taste of Miami’s multicultural city by mingling with loca insiders as part of an upcoming episode on The Travel Channel airing 10 p.m. Monday.
Since Zimmern is used to eating worms and snails, it must have been paradise to dine at SoFla staple El Palacio De Los Jugos. His partner in crime: Michelle Bernstein. R The two chefs sample authentic Cuban dishes at the Flagler restaurant - and no last time we checked we didn't see worms on the menu.
Zimmern also hit South Beach for a night of partying with after-dark impresario Nicola Siervo, from W South Beach Hotel and coowner of Quattro on Lincoln Road. The two started their evening at Andrew Carmellini’s American restaurant, The Dutch, where Zimmern munches on roots-inspired dishes such as the watermelon jalapeño Hamachi. Doesn't sound that bizarre, but definitely fun.
On Our Radar
- Miami Dolphins watch party at EPIC pool
- Former Gators quarterback: What I like about Miami
- Nicki Minaj called out by mental health group for Miami Beach incident
- Why Miami will be glad to see 2016 end, in gifs
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too