Andrew Zimmern: Bizarre Foods in Miami
Eats weird stuff here
World traveler Andrew Zimmern, host of Bizarre Foods of America, got a taste of Miami’s multicultural city by mingling with loca insiders as part of an upcoming episode on The Travel Channel airing 10 p.m. Monday.
Since Zimmern is used to eating worms and snails, it must have been paradise to dine at SoFla staple El Palacio De Los Jugos. His partner in crime: Michelle Bernstein. R The two chefs sample authentic Cuban dishes at the Flagler restaurant - and no last time we checked we didn't see worms on the menu.
Zimmern also hit South Beach for a night of partying with after-dark impresario Nicola Siervo, from W South Beach Hotel and coowner of Quattro on Lincoln Road. The two started their evening at Andrew Carmellini’s American restaurant, The Dutch, where Zimmern munches on roots-inspired dishes such as the watermelon jalapeño Hamachi. Doesn't sound that bizarre, but definitely fun.
On Our Radar
- Florida girl Megan Fox: Miami has changed so much
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- Win a ride on the Flying Cucumber blimp on June 2
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach
- Dance pop singer Erika Jayne performing in Wynwood