American Craft Beer Week bubbles up in Miami
Forget the fizzy yellow stuff; toast full-flavored ales and lagers May 12-18.
American Craft Beer Week runs from May 12 through May 18. To celebrate the creative and local spirit of craft beer, a host of South Florida bars, restaurants and tap rooms is putting on special events. Know of one that's not on our list? Email ebenn@MiamiHerald.com and we'll add it. Cheers!
MONDAY, May 12
- OTC prepares a five-course beer dinner paired with Cigar City brews, including Lue Gim Gong Orange Peel Pale Ale and Chicory Dickory Choc Brown Ale. 7:30 p.m. 1250 S. Miami Ave. $55; tickets.
- Riverside Market taps beers from Georgia craft breweries, including SweetWater, Red Brick and Terrapin. 608 SW 12th Ave., Fort Lauderdale. theriversidemarket.com.
TUESDAY, May 13
- R House hosts a special tapping of Wynwood Brewing Co.'s limited-release Pop's Porter with chocolate, coffee and hazelnut. Sliders from Proper Sausages. 5-8 p.m. 2727 NW 2nd Ave. Free with RSVP.
- Riverside Market hosts a Cigar City tap takeover, featuring an exclusive release of Puppy's Breath Porter. 608 SW 12th Ave., Fort Lauderdale. theriversidemarket.com.
- Wynwood Brewing Co. debuts HopShots Part Deux!, an India pale ale double-dry-hopped with Columbus and Amarillo hops. 6 p.m. 565 NW 24th St. wynwoodbrewing.com.
- Kush pours Funky Buddha's Last Snow, Don’t Tell Reece and Raspberry Floridian. 7 p.m. 2003 N. Miami Ave.
- The LoKal pours Funky Buddha's French Toast Double Brown and More Moro. 7 p.m. 3190 Commodore Plz.
WEDNESDAY, May 14
- Marriott Biscayne Bay serves up a Brew on the Bay dinner with four cooking stations paired with Wynwood Brewing Co. beers. 7 p.m. 1633 N. Bayshore Dr. $45 before May 14, $55 at the door. 305-536-6414.
- Riverside Market will pour Florida Beer Co.'s Sweet Stout and a full FBC tap takeover. 608 SW 12th Ave., Fort Lauderdale. theriversidemarket.com.
- Wynwood Brewing Co. debuts Nutty Blonde, its La Rubia flagship with hazelnuts added. 6 p.m. 565 NW 24th St. wynwoodbrewing.com.
- Brass Tap releases bottles of Founders KBS and Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. 7 p.m. 624 SW 145th Ter., Pembroke Pines. brasstapbeerbar.com.
- Batch Gastropub cooks a three-course dinner paired with Funky Buddha brews. 7 p.m. 30 SW 12th St. $45. 305-808-5555.
- Loews Miami Beach hosts a Ladies and Lagers night at its Hemisphere Lounge featuring Sam Adams ambassador Jill Farver. First Sam Adams draft free for women. All pints $7 from 7 p.m. to close. 1601 Collins Ave.
THURSDAY, May 15
- Brass Tap gives its taps over to Wynwood Brewing Co. for a takeover that includes Wynwood IPA, Tuttle Stout, Flagler Saison and Apple of My Eye PA. 624 SW 145th Ter., Pembroke Pines. brasstapbeerbar.com.
- Riverside Market features Brooklyn Brewery beers with beer-themed Twister. 608 SW 12th Ave., Fort Lauderdale. theriversidemarket.com.
- Wynwood Brewing Co. pours Vanilla Pop's Porter. 6 p.m. 565 NW 24th St. wynwoodbrewing.com.
FRIDAY, May 16
- Whole Foods Market in South Beach leads Brew Club, talking about and sampling various craft beers. 6-8 p.m. 1020 Alton Rd. 305-938-2800.
- Riverside Market pours Samuel Adams Boston Lager, Summer Ale, Rebel IPA, Roggen Wolf Rye IPA, Honey Queen and Blueberry Hill Lager. 608 SW 12th Ave., Fort Lauderdale. theriversidemarket.com.
- Batch Gastropub hosts a Wynwood Brewing Co. beer dinner. 30 SW 12th St. $45. 305-808-5555.
- Wynwood Brewing Co. taps Chocolate Magic, its Magic City Pale Ale with chocolate. 6 p.m. 565 NW 24th St. wynwoodbrewing.com.
- World of Beer in Midtown celebrates its one-year anniversary with a keg of Pop's Porter with chocolate, almond and coffee. 3252 NE 1st Ave. worldofbeer.com.
- Loews Miami Beach puts on a five-course dinner paired with Samuel Adams beers. $75 a person, plus tax and tip. 1601 Collins Ave. 305-604-5442.
- Om Brew Yoga leads a session at Miami Brewing Co. at Schnebly Winery. $15 includes yoga and a pint of craft beer. 6 p.m. 30205 SW 217th Ave., Homestead
SATURDAY, May 17
- Riverside Market goes all-IPAs, including Dogfish Head 120 Minute and other rarities. 608 SW 12th Ave., Fort Lauderdale. theriversidemarket.com.
- Whole Foods Market in North Miami will be sampling craft beers and pairing them with $5 beer, chicken or vegetable quesadillas. 1-3 p.m. 12150 Biscayne Blvd. 305-892-5500.
- Wynwood Brewing Co. releases ChocoChoco, its Tuttle Stout with white chocolate and coconut. 6 p.m. 565 NW 24th St. wynwoodbrewing.com.
- Batch Gastropub hosts a Cigar City Brewing Co. beer dinner. 30 SW 12th St. $45. 305-808-5555.
SUNDAY, May 18
- Wynwood Brewing Co. releases its Barrel-Aged Wheatwine. 6 p.m. 565 NW 24th St. wynwoodbrewing.com.
- Om Brew Yoga leads a session at Funky Buddha Brewery. $15 includes yoga and a pint of brew. 11 a.m. 1201 NE 38th St., Oakland Park.
- Whole Foods Market in Aventura will sample craft beers from 6 to 8 p.m. nightly Tuesday, May 13, through Monday, May 19. 21105 Biscayne Blvd., 305-933-1543.
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Beer Haven turns Miami-Dade County Fair into a ... beer haven
- (Golf) Beer of the Week: G-Mac's Celtic-Style Pale Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale
- Green Flash Double Stout is a dream with chocolate
- Sixpoint Resin is a sticky-bitter monster of an IPA
- The gluten-free beer you should drink now
- Biscayne Bay Brewing Co. is one of Miami-Dade's newest craft breweries
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose
- New looks for local South Florida craft beers