American Black Film Festival 2013 returns to Miami Beach
Omari Hardwick selected to be ABFF ambassador
ABFF Film Screenings
1040 Lincoln Rd Miami Beach, FL
Miami Beach Cinematheque
1130 Washington Ave Miami Beach, FL
The American Black Film Festival returns to Miami Beach on Wednesday, June 20. The four-day conference was created to highlight films that showcase people of color. In the past, the festival has been hosted around the world including Los Angeles, CA and Acapulco, Mexico. Nevertheless, the festival continues to return to the sunshine state. This year, the festival will present 30 films at the Colony Theater and Miami Beach Cinematheque. Actor Omari Hardwick will be the ABFF Ambassador.
Other celebrities expected to make their way from Hollywood to attend the 17th annual event include actors Bill Duke, Mekhi Phifer, Boris Kodjoe, Laz Alonzo and Jesse Williams from Grey’s Anatomy; CNN host Don Lemon and Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs.
Filmmakers Robert Townsend and Spike Lee, regulars at the festival, are also expected to attend.
The festival will take place June 19-23, at the Ritz Carlton Miami Beach (1 Lincoln Rd Miami Beach, FL). For more event information go to ABFF.com/. Individual event tickets will be on sale for a limited time until June 15. Click here.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Superbowl weekend fun
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Black Coffee Africa Party, Miami Soul Sessions, Mellow Dramatic Mondays, and more
- Miami Soul Travel Series: Island Hopping in the Amazing Greece
- Miami Soul: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. service events and celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Festival of Laughs Comedy Show, Half of a Yellow Sun screening, and more
- Haiti Earthquake 5th Anniversary Vigil
- Alonzo Mourning's Inaugural Zo's Winter Groove
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Tis the season for holiday parties
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Diner En Blanc's Miami Debut
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Remy Rendezvous Art Basel yacht party