American Black Film Festival 2013 returns to Miami Beach
Omari Hardwick selected to be ABFF ambassador
ABFF Film Screenings
1040 Lincoln Rd Miami Beach, FL
Miami Beach Cinematheque
1130 Washington Ave Miami Beach, FL
The American Black Film Festival returns to Miami Beach on Wednesday, June 20. The four-day conference was created to highlight films that showcase people of color. In the past, the festival has been hosted around the world including Los Angeles, CA and Acapulco, Mexico. Nevertheless, the festival continues to return to the sunshine state. This year, the festival will present 30 films at the Colony Theater and Miami Beach Cinematheque. Actor Omari Hardwick will be the ABFF Ambassador.
Other celebrities expected to make their way from Hollywood to attend the 17th annual event include actors Bill Duke, Mekhi Phifer, Boris Kodjoe, Laz Alonzo and Jesse Williams from Grey’s Anatomy; CNN host Don Lemon and Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs.
Filmmakers Robert Townsend and Spike Lee, regulars at the festival, are also expected to attend.
The festival will take place June 19-23, at the Ritz Carlton Miami Beach (1 Lincoln Rd Miami Beach, FL). For more event information go to ABFF.com/. Individual event tickets will be on sale for a limited time until June 15. Click here.
- Miami Soul: Soul Basel Mega Guide Part 1 - Black Exhibits to check out during Miami Art Week
- Norwegian Escape debuts with blazing performance by Pitbull aka Mr. 305
- Cadillac features 2015 Cadillac ATS model at Road to Table Culinary Experience at Michael’s Genuine
- The City of Miami Gardens presents a foodies’ paradise at inaugural Miami Gardens Wine & Food Experience
- Five tips to prepare you for Diner en Blanc Miami on Saturday, November 14, 2015
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Afropolitan Miami, Art of Transformation Opening Reception, and more
- 4th Annual Beach Road Trip weekend heads to the Florida Keys
- 2015 Caribe Arts Fest - A Celebration of Caribbean Art, Music, and Film
- Sean “Diddy” Combs Receives Keys to the City of Miami Beach, Honored with "REVOLT Music Conference Day" designation
- 3rd Annual South Beach Seafood Festival October 21-24, 2015