American Black Film Festival 2013 returns to Miami Beach
Omari Hardwick selected to be ABFF ambassador
The American Black Film Festival returns to Miami Beach on Wednesday, June 20. The four-day conference was created to highlight films that showcase people of color. In the past, the festival has been hosted around the world including Los Angeles, CA and Acapulco, Mexico. Nevertheless, the festival continues to return to the sunshine state. This year, the festival will present 30 films at the Colony Theater and Miami Beach Cinematheque. Actor Omari Hardwick will be the ABFF Ambassador.
Other celebrities expected to make their way from Hollywood to attend the 17th annual event include actors Bill Duke, Mekhi Phifer, Boris Kodjoe, Laz Alonzo and Jesse Williams from Grey’s Anatomy; CNN host Don Lemon and Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs.
Filmmakers Robert Townsend and Spike Lee, regulars at the festival, are also expected to attend.
The festival will take place June 19-23, at the Ritz Carlton Miami Beach (1 Lincoln Rd Miami Beach, FL). For more event information go to ABFF.com/. Individual event tickets will be on sale for a limited time until June 15. Click here.
ABFF Film Screenings
1040 Lincoln Rd Miami Beach, FL
Miami Beach Cinematheque
1130 Washington Ave Miami Beach, FL
- Haitian Heritage Month lineup of events, parties, and festivities
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Questlove Spin Session, Divine 9 Greek Picnic, Cigars & Cocktails Mixer, and more
- Jason Derulo, Alabama Shakes, Megan Trainor, The Roots and more headline SunFest 2016
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Big Night in Little Haiti Finale, The Jam Day Party, Rakim live and more
- Game On: Polo and Champagne Brunch at the International Polo Club
- Miami Soul: Top 7 Moments at the 2016 Jazz in the Gardens
- Miami Soul Pre-Jazz Weekend Guide: Cigars & Stilettos party, Jazz Festival Brunch, Social with the Nupes
- Miami Soul: Charlie Wilson headlines Jazz in the Gardens, Women's Impact Conference celebrates Girl Power
- Miami Soul: 5 Things to Look Forward to at the 11th Annual Jazz in the Gardens
- Overture to Overtown Annual Jazz Festival