American Black Film Festival 2013 (Day 1)
ABFF kicks off with unveiling of Film Life Center in Overtown
The American Black Film Festival 2013 has officially kicked into gear. The four-day festival began with a soft opening of the Film Life Center located at the Historic Chapman House, 1200 NW 6th St., a historic section of Overtown. The unveiling was led by City of Miami Commissioner Michelle Spence-Jones. The event included ABFF attendees such as Jeff Friday, CEO of Film Life, Inc.; noted actor and ABFF ambassador Omari Hardwick; and Bill Diggs, president and CEO of the Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce.
"Film is one of the most influential mediums of our time," Spence-Jones said. "The Miami Film Life Center aims to enhance the access and awareness of film and filmmaking opportunities to the residents of Overtown and surrounding communities,” she said.
ABFF will take place in Miami Beach from June 19-23. The conference was created to highlight films that showcase people of color. In the past, the festival has been hosted around the world including Los Angeles, CA and Acapulco, Mexico. Nevertheless, the festival, whichbis in its 17th year, continues to return to the sunshine state. During the next few days the festival will present 30 films at the Colony Theater and Miami Beach Cinematheque.
- Norwegian Escape debuts with blazing performance by Pitbull aka Mr. 305
- Cadillac features 2015 Cadillac ATS model at Road to Table Culinary Experience at Michael’s Genuine
- The City of Miami Gardens presents a foodies’ paradise at inaugural Miami Gardens Wine & Food Experience
- Five tips to prepare you for Diner en Blanc Miami on Saturday, November 14, 2015
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Afropolitan Miami, Art of Transformation Opening Reception, and more
- 4th Annual Beach Road Trip weekend heads to the Florida Keys
- 2015 Caribe Arts Fest - A Celebration of Caribbean Art, Music, and Film
- Sean “Diddy” Combs Receives Keys to the City of Miami Beach, Honored with "REVOLT Music Conference Day" designation
- 3rd Annual South Beach Seafood Festival October 21-24, 2015
- Diddy's 2nd Annual REVOLT Music Conference Takes Over Miami