American Black Film Festival 2013 (Day 1)
ABFF kicks off with unveiling of Film Life Center in Overtown
The American Black Film Festival 2013 has officially kicked into gear. The four-day festival began with a soft opening of the Film Life Center located at the Historic Chapman House, 1200 NW 6th St., a historic section of Overtown. The unveiling was led by City of Miami Commissioner Michelle Spence-Jones. The event included ABFF attendees such as Jeff Friday, CEO of Film Life, Inc.; noted actor and ABFF ambassador Omari Hardwick; and Bill Diggs, president and CEO of the Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce.
"Film is one of the most influential mediums of our time," Spence-Jones said. "The Miami Film Life Center aims to enhance the access and awareness of film and filmmaking opportunities to the residents of Overtown and surrounding communities,” she said.
ABFF will take place in Miami Beach from June 19-23. The conference was created to highlight films that showcase people of color. In the past, the festival has been hosted around the world including Los Angeles, CA and Acapulco, Mexico. Nevertheless, the festival, whichbis in its 17th year, continues to return to the sunshine state. During the next few days the festival will present 30 films at the Colony Theater and Miami Beach Cinematheque.
- Jeffrey Osborne, Bell Biv DeVoe to Headline Black Enterprise Golf & Tennis Challenge Labor Day Weekend
- Miami Soul Weekly Going Out Guide for things to do and where to go
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Estelle Paints the Town Red with Rosa Regale
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Distinguished Gentlemen event, Sundays at the Bay, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Big Night in Little Haiti, Soca Reggae Unity party, Soul Centric Miami, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Rakim performing live, Jamaica Independance party and more
- Miami Soul Travel Series: Luxury Travel Tips from Arabia Escapes
- Love Life and the 411 for August 2014
- Miami Soul on the Scene: VJMedia Mixology with South Florida's Tastemakers and Lifestyle Influencers
- Miami Soul weekend guide: For those weekends when you just want a lounge experience