Aloft Miami-Brickell Hotel Opens
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide present Aloft Hotels to the next generation of travelers
There’s a new kid on the block in Brickell.
Aloft Miami-Brickell Hotel held its grand opening last night with reservations available starting August 15. Under the Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. umbrella, it’s billed as “a vision of W hotels.” Think of it as the younger, hipper brother of the hotel brand known for trendy sophistication and luxury.
Its location at SW 2nd Ave. positions it a short walk to Mary Brickell Village and just half a block to the Metrorail station, making it a draw for both leisure and business travelers, alike.
“Brickell Avenue is saturated with luxury upscale hotels,” said Tatyana Li, Director of Sales. “We’re in between upscale and economy working with a niche market who values convenience, comfort, and a great location that’s not as hectic.”
The 14-floor hotel with 160 guest rooms, ranging in size from 230 to 510 square-feet, is geared towards a new generation of tech savvy, trendy executives and young professionals, according to General Manager Humberto Fermo.
As its name implies, the common areas at Aloft are designed in a loft-style with an open and spacious floor plan. The lobby is a multi-use space in rich shades of blue and purple with wood paneled walls and textured wallpaper, featuring ample oversized banquette seating indoors and out. There, you’ll also find the w xyz bar and grab and go meals available 24/7. A nod to its Financial District location, a NASDAQ ticker is prominently displayed along the wall above the elevators.
The hallways feature work by local artists, and currently Mauro Mejiaz’s surreal abstract paintings are on display.
The Magic City is also infused into its guest rooms with imagery of our causeways above the platform beds that are adorned with bolster pillows covered in pixilated portraits. With the tech savvy traveler in mind, free WiFi and docking stations are available in every room, and because the next generation likes to travel with their pooch, the hotel is dog friendly, offering Aloft-branded doggie beds, bowls, treats, and toys.
There’s also an outdoor pool, a small gym with cardio machines and free weights, and meeting space that can accommodate 20.
With nearly 75 Aloft hotels open internationally, Aloft Miami-Brickell will be the second in the Miami metropolitan area joining the Doral branch, which opened in March. Nightly rates for the Miami-Brickell location’s opening weekend start at $185, according to their website.
1001 SW 2nd Ave., Miami
- SLS Brickell to open with Boy George at splashy party
- Get Lei'd at Campton Yard with 'Supermensch' Shep Gordon
- Cheers to four years of LDV Hospitality at Gale South Beach
- World Traveler (& Foodie) Guide to Miami Book Fair
- If you like these Miami hotels, you’ll love their new sister properties in desirable destinations
- A No Nonsense Guide to Doing South Beach like a Local
- Hotel Week NYC offers rooms as low as $100 in January
- Aloft Hotels: Dadeland in, South Beach out and more on the horizon
- 16 Things You Probably Didn't Know About the Delano on its 21st Birthday
- Take an exclusive tour through the design elements of the iconic Delano Hotel