Allen Susser's All-Stars Alumni Reunion Dinner in Miami
Open-to-the-public tribute takes place on May 7 at Trio on the Bay
The original mango gangster Chef Allen Susser may have left Miami with a long legacy of memories, some seriously talented chefs, airport concessions, and, ahem, in other counties, burger restaurants, but on Monday, May 7 at Trio on the Bay (1601 79th Street Causeway, Miami Beach), he's hosting a Chef Allen Alumni Chef Reunion Dinner to raise funds for the James Beard Foundation.
For one night only, Susser will bring an epic group of chefs he's worked with and mentored for an open-to-the-public culinary tribute with every single penny benefiting the Foundation. Each chef will have their own station and, for boozehounds, there will also be a champagne station, Belvedere vodka bar and, a Susser mascot of sorts in the form of Mango Martinis.
“My goal was to unite the distinguished chefs that I have had the pleasure of working with here in South Florida, and to provide the public with an opportunity to indulge in an evening of culinary innovation benefitting the James Beard Foundation. With live streaming of the event in conjunction with live social media updating, we hope to bring a whole new level of tech savvy to this evening,” says Chef Allen.
Tickets are $150 general admission and $175 VIP, which includes a pre-reception. Call 305-866-1234 for more info.
Menu items and participating chefs include:
Brandon Whitestone (Trio on the Bay): Pan Roasted Corvina with Black Rice, Corn Butter and Baby Carrots
Daniel Serfer (Blue Collar Restaurant): Tagliatelle pasta, Pork and Veal Shoulder, Brisket, Reggiano, San Marzano Tomatoes
Jonathan Dearden (Jade Mountain, St.Lucia): Hamachi Crudo - Smoked Jalapeño, Raspberry Sea Salt, Petrossian Caviar
Other chefs participating:
Tim Andriola (Timo)
Giovanni Arias (Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa)
Timon Balloo (Sugarcane Raw Bar and Grill)
Jamie DeRosa (Tudor House)
Vito DiSalvo (Park Central Cafe)
Bryan Doell (Burger Bar by Chef Allen)
Lenny Judice (15th St. Fisheries & Dockside Café)
Seth Lowenstein (Corporate Chef of Operations at Branded Restaurant Hospitality)
Sarah Magoon (Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale)
Mike Moran (Culinary Professor at Florida International University)
Chris Palmer (Tap 42)
David Pantone (Dean of Culinary Education at the Lincoln Culinary Institute)
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach