Alfred Portale & Gotham to check out of the Fontainebleau
Say goodbye to Gotham Steak
Say goodbye to Alfred Portale's Gotham Steak. According to our source, "I think the Fontainebleau got tired of paying for the name . . . Portale wasn't really involved that much." Expect the Portale's Gotham brand to be stripped from the steakhouse in a few weeks. We contacted the Fontainebleau, who gave us the following statement: "Fontainebleau will unveil a new steakhouse concept in fall of 2014. The change is part of the continuous evolution of the offerings at Fontainebleau and our ongoing commitment to provide guests new and exciting experiences. As we prepare to unveil our new concept next fall, the restaurant will operate as FB STEAKHOUSE under the continued direction of Chef de Cuisine Derrick Roberts and Fontainebleau Executive Chef Thomas Connell. We thank Chef Alfred Portale for the successful partnership we shared over the past five years."
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab
- Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi’lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016
- Move over koji: The "Approachable" Restaurant is Miami's latest, hottest food trend
- Picking your political poison: Broken Shaker debuts the Sorry Donald cocktail
- Who makes Miami's prettiest latte?
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli's 2-night Azul collaboration
- Donuts and cocktails for Friday's National Donut Day
- A new Top 10: 4-star Plant Food and Wine tops 2016's best-reviewed restaurants