Alfred Portale & Gotham to check out of the Fontainebleau
Say goodbye to Gotham Steak
Say goodbye to Alfred Portale's Gotham Steak. According to our source, "I think the Fontainebleau got tired of paying for the name . . . Portale wasn't really involved that much." Expect the Portale's Gotham brand to be stripped from the steakhouse in a few weeks. We contacted the Fontainebleau, who gave us the following statement: "Fontainebleau will unveil a new steakhouse concept in fall of 2014. The change is part of the continuous evolution of the offerings at Fontainebleau and our ongoing commitment to provide guests new and exciting experiences. As we prepare to unveil our new concept next fall, the restaurant will operate as FB STEAKHOUSE under the continued direction of Chef de Cuisine Derrick Roberts and Fontainebleau Executive Chef Thomas Connell. We thank Chef Alfred Portale for the successful partnership we shared over the past five years."
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!