Alfred Portale & Gotham to check out of the Fontainebleau
Say goodbye to Gotham Steak
Say goodbye to Alfred Portale's Gotham Steak. According to our source, "I think the Fontainebleau got tired of paying for the name . . . Portale wasn't really involved that much." Expect the Portale's Gotham brand to be stripped from the steakhouse in a few weeks. We contacted the Fontainebleau, who gave us the following statement: "Fontainebleau will unveil a new steakhouse concept in fall of 2014. The change is part of the continuous evolution of the offerings at Fontainebleau and our ongoing commitment to provide guests new and exciting experiences. As we prepare to unveil our new concept next fall, the restaurant will operate as FB STEAKHOUSE under the continued direction of Chef de Cuisine Derrick Roberts and Fontainebleau Executive Chef Thomas Connell. We thank Chef Alfred Portale for the successful partnership we shared over the past five years."
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood