Alfred Portale & Gotham to check out of the Fontainebleau
Say goodbye to Gotham Steak
Say goodbye to Alfred Portale's Gotham Steak. According to our source, "I think the Fontainebleau got tired of paying for the name . . . Portale wasn't really involved that much." Expect the Portale's Gotham brand to be stripped from the steakhouse in a few weeks. We contacted the Fontainebleau, who gave us the following statement: "Fontainebleau will unveil a new steakhouse concept in fall of 2014. The change is part of the continuous evolution of the offerings at Fontainebleau and our ongoing commitment to provide guests new and exciting experiences. As we prepare to unveil our new concept next fall, the restaurant will operate as FB STEAKHOUSE under the continued direction of Chef de Cuisine Derrick Roberts and Fontainebleau Executive Chef Thomas Connell. We thank Chef Alfred Portale for the successful partnership we shared over the past five years."
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.