Alfred Portale & Gotham to check out of the Fontainebleau
Say goodbye to Gotham Steak
Say goodbye to Alfred Portale's Gotham Steak. According to our source, "I think the Fontainebleau got tired of paying for the name . . . Portale wasn't really involved that much." Expect the Portale's Gotham brand to be stripped from the steakhouse in a few weeks. We contacted the Fontainebleau, who gave us the following statement: "Fontainebleau will unveil a new steakhouse concept in fall of 2014. The change is part of the continuous evolution of the offerings at Fontainebleau and our ongoing commitment to provide guests new and exciting experiences. As we prepare to unveil our new concept next fall, the restaurant will operate as FB STEAKHOUSE under the continued direction of Chef de Cuisine Derrick Roberts and Fontainebleau Executive Chef Thomas Connell. We thank Chef Alfred Portale for the successful partnership we shared over the past five years."
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab