Alberto Cabrera's Bread and Butter opens today in Coral Gables
Bread and Butter is a chef-driven, Cuban gastropub-counter restaurant
Alberto Cabrera's highly anticipated restaurant Bread and Butter debuts its "new Cuban-gastropub dining experience" today and will feature a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu and 22 lined counter seats, indoor seating and a walk-up window. Highlights of the breakfast menu include pastelitos or Cuban pastries with a savory braised lamb filling, uniquely stuffed croquettes or counter treats, including coquito con chocolate with passion fruit dust or burnt cremita de leche. Lunch features a modern twist on the Cuban sandwich spot with daily specials including frita china topped with napa cabbage kimchee, cilantro, onion, Papitas Juliana and Sriracha ketchup; sides include a daily "crackling of the day," or chicarron varying between pork rinds, fish, duck and more as well as charcuterie with salted pork, house made bacon and fresh sausage. The Cuban-influenced dinner menu will include Cuban Parker Rolls & Palitroques 'bread service' served w/ house jams, butters and whipped fat option for dining guests, as well as other twists diners will experience during any meal service.
Bread and Butter will serve dinner from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 5:30 p.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday. They are closed Sundays. Breakfast and lunch will roll out on a later date.
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March