Alberto Cabrera's Bread and Butter opens today in Coral Gables
Bread and Butter is a chef-driven, Cuban gastropub-counter restaurant
Alberto Cabrera's highly anticipated restaurant Bread and Butter debuts its "new Cuban-gastropub dining experience" today and will feature a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu and 22 lined counter seats, indoor seating and a walk-up window. Highlights of the breakfast menu include pastelitos or Cuban pastries with a savory braised lamb filling, uniquely stuffed croquettes or counter treats, including coquito con chocolate with passion fruit dust or burnt cremita de leche. Lunch features a modern twist on the Cuban sandwich spot with daily specials including frita china topped with napa cabbage kimchee, cilantro, onion, Papitas Juliana and Sriracha ketchup; sides include a daily "crackling of the day," or chicarron varying between pork rinds, fish, duck and more as well as charcuterie with salted pork, house made bacon and fresh sausage. The Cuban-influenced dinner menu will include Cuban Parker Rolls & Palitroques 'bread service' served w/ house jams, butters and whipped fat option for dining guests, as well as other twists diners will experience during any meal service.
Bread and Butter will serve dinner from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 5:30 p.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday. They are closed Sundays. Breakfast and lunch will roll out on a later date.
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami