Alberto Cabrera's Bread and Butter opens today in Coral Gables
Bread and Butter is a chef-driven, Cuban gastropub-counter restaurant
Alberto Cabrera's highly anticipated restaurant Bread and Butter debuts its "new Cuban-gastropub dining experience" today and will feature a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu and 22 lined counter seats, indoor seating and a walk-up window. Highlights of the breakfast menu include pastelitos or Cuban pastries with a savory braised lamb filling, uniquely stuffed croquettes or counter treats, including coquito con chocolate with passion fruit dust or burnt cremita de leche. Lunch features a modern twist on the Cuban sandwich spot with daily specials including frita china topped with napa cabbage kimchee, cilantro, onion, Papitas Juliana and Sriracha ketchup; sides include a daily "crackling of the day," or chicarron varying between pork rinds, fish, duck and more as well as charcuterie with salted pork, house made bacon and fresh sausage. The Cuban-influenced dinner menu will include Cuban Parker Rolls & Palitroques 'bread service' served w/ house jams, butters and whipped fat option for dining guests, as well as other twists diners will experience during any meal service.
Bread and Butter will serve dinner from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 5:30 p.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday. They are closed Sundays. Breakfast and lunch will roll out on a later date.
- Ms. Cheezious giving away free food & swag today in The Hangover Part III promo
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"