Alberto Cabrera's Bread and Butter opens today in Coral Gables
Bread and Butter is a chef-driven, Cuban gastropub-counter restaurant
Alberto Cabrera's highly anticipated restaurant Bread and Butter debuts its "new Cuban-gastropub dining experience" today and will feature a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu and 22 lined counter seats, indoor seating and a walk-up window. Highlights of the breakfast menu include pastelitos or Cuban pastries with a savory braised lamb filling, uniquely stuffed croquettes or counter treats, including coquito con chocolate with passion fruit dust or burnt cremita de leche. Lunch features a modern twist on the Cuban sandwich spot with daily specials including frita china topped with napa cabbage kimchee, cilantro, onion, Papitas Juliana and Sriracha ketchup; sides include a daily "crackling of the day," or chicarron varying between pork rinds, fish, duck and more as well as charcuterie with salted pork, house made bacon and fresh sausage. The Cuban-influenced dinner menu will include Cuban Parker Rolls & Palitroques 'bread service' served w/ house jams, butters and whipped fat option for dining guests, as well as other twists diners will experience during any meal service.
Bread and Butter will serve dinner from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 5:30 p.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday. They are closed Sundays. Breakfast and lunch will roll out on a later date.
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails coming to Hallandale Beach later this summer
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run