Alberto Cabrera's Bread and Butter opens today in Coral Gables
Bread and Butter is a chef-driven, Cuban gastropub-counter restaurant
Alberto Cabrera's highly anticipated restaurant Bread and Butter debuts its "new Cuban-gastropub dining experience" today and will feature a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu and 22 lined counter seats, indoor seating and a walk-up window. Highlights of the breakfast menu include pastelitos or Cuban pastries with a savory braised lamb filling, uniquely stuffed croquettes or counter treats, including coquito con chocolate with passion fruit dust or burnt cremita de leche. Lunch features a modern twist on the Cuban sandwich spot with daily specials including frita china topped with napa cabbage kimchee, cilantro, onion, Papitas Juliana and Sriracha ketchup; sides include a daily "crackling of the day," or chicarron varying between pork rinds, fish, duck and more as well as charcuterie with salted pork, house made bacon and fresh sausage. The Cuban-influenced dinner menu will include Cuban Parker Rolls & Palitroques 'bread service' served w/ house jams, butters and whipped fat option for dining guests, as well as other twists diners will experience during any meal service.
Bread and Butter will serve dinner from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 5:30 p.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday. They are closed Sundays. Breakfast and lunch will roll out on a later date.
2330 Salzedo St.
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab
- Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi’lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016
- Move over koji: The "Approachable" Restaurant is Miami's latest, hottest food trend
- Picking your political poison: Broken Shaker debuts the Sorry Donald cocktail
- Who makes Miami's prettiest latte?
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli's 2-night Azul collaboration
- Donuts and cocktails for Friday's National Donut Day