Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
Shelborne's cocktail contribution to South Beach is a boozy panacea.
Albert Trummer, known in NYC for Apotheke and Theater Bar, and in Miami for the short lived Drogerie at the Albion, is taking his booze soaked mortar and pestle to the soon to open Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach (1801 Collins Ave.), in the form of the Drawing Room Bar & Lounge.
“When I opened my first bar in New York City I was excited to debut my medicinal cocktail bar concept in one of the best cities in the country, but I always saw Miami as the next city to expand my brand,” says Trummer. “I’m thrilled to bring my latest concept to South Florida and share my ‘ancient remedy meets modern mixology' approach with the Magic City.”
Located in the hotel's lobby, Drawing Room Bar & Lounge will feature Trummer's cocktail menu which he titled "A Selection of House Medicines," allowing guests to create their own "cocktail prescription." Among the elixirs: Opium Essence, Lavender and Dill and an assortment of potent poisons classified by cheeky categories such as Stress Relievers, Pain Killers, and Aphrodisiacs, all served from brass cocktail carts pushed around the room like a veritable cocktail-saturated Cuckoo's Nest.
The Drawing Room Bar & Lounge joins Morimoto South Beach as the Shelborne's flagship cocktail and dining spots and is expected to open in October.
“Albert Trummer has brought mixology to new heights and we are excited to offer his innovation, creativity and passion to our guests at Shelborne Wyndham Grand,” stated Dayssi Olarte de Kanavos, President of Flag Luxury Group, the managing partner of Shelborne. “He has developed a beverage program that complements the inspiration and ambience of our Drawing Room Bar & Lounge perfectly, blending rich and beautiful history with a modern sensibility.”
And a medicinal one, too.
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant