Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
Shelborne's cocktail contribution to South Beach is a boozy panacea.
Albert Trummer, known in NYC for Apotheke and Theater Bar, and in Miami for the short lived Drogerie at the Albion, is taking his booze soaked mortar and pestle to the soon to open Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach (1801 Collins Ave.), in the form of the Drawing Room Bar & Lounge.
“When I opened my first bar in New York City I was excited to debut my medicinal cocktail bar concept in one of the best cities in the country, but I always saw Miami as the next city to expand my brand,” says Trummer. “I’m thrilled to bring my latest concept to South Florida and share my ‘ancient remedy meets modern mixology' approach with the Magic City.”
Located in the hotel's lobby, Drawing Room Bar & Lounge will feature Trummer's cocktail menu which he titled "A Selection of House Medicines," allowing guests to create their own "cocktail prescription." Among the elixirs: Opium Essence, Lavender and Dill and an assortment of potent poisons classified by cheeky categories such as Stress Relievers, Pain Killers, and Aphrodisiacs, all served from brass cocktail carts pushed around the room like a veritable cocktail-saturated Cuckoo's Nest.
The Drawing Room Bar & Lounge joins Morimoto South Beach as the Shelborne's flagship cocktail and dining spots and is expected to open in October.
“Albert Trummer has brought mixology to new heights and we are excited to offer his innovation, creativity and passion to our guests at Shelborne Wyndham Grand,” stated Dayssi Olarte de Kanavos, President of Flag Luxury Group, the managing partner of Shelborne. “He has developed a beverage program that complements the inspiration and ambience of our Drawing Room Bar & Lounge perfectly, blending rich and beautiful history with a modern sensibility.”
And a medicinal one, too.
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF