Al Roker at Books and Books
Al Roker is known to over thirty million viewers for his work on NBC’s Today show, a role that has earned him ten Emmy awards. His new memoir, Never Goin Back: Winning the Weight Loss Battle for Good, is a story of childhood trauma, a deathbed promise, and a courageous decision to undergo a controversial surgery.
Tired of being stuck in the endless cycle of weight loss and gain that comes with dieting, the Emmy award-winning weather anchor of NBC’s Today knew something had to be done. “To be honest,” he writes, “I knew that I couldn’t live like this anymore. And I had a lot to live for.”
In his book, Roker shares the childhood teasing he endured as a real life “Fat Albert,” as well as the roots and causes of binge and closet eating.
Meet him at Books & Books in Coral Gabels at 6:30pm on Friday, February 22.
On Our Radar
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday
- Artist Shepard Fairey talks Hennessy bottle design in Wynwood
- New Miami Heat players spotted around town
- Robin Williams mourned at South Beach hotel