Al Roker at Books and Books
Al Roker is known to over thirty million viewers for his work on NBC’s Today show, a role that has earned him ten Emmy awards. His new memoir, Never Goin Back: Winning the Weight Loss Battle for Good, is a story of childhood trauma, a deathbed promise, and a courageous decision to undergo a controversial surgery.
Tired of being stuck in the endless cycle of weight loss and gain that comes with dieting, the Emmy award-winning weather anchor of NBC’s Today knew something had to be done. “To be honest,” he writes, “I knew that I couldn’t live like this anymore. And I had a lot to live for.”
In his book, Roker shares the childhood teasing he endured as a real life “Fat Albert,” as well as the roots and causes of binge and closet eating.
Meet him at Books & Books in Coral Gabels at 6:30pm on Friday, February 22.
On Our Radar
- Telenovela hunk William Levy hits the big screen
- Local Bachelor Juan Pablo takes it slow
- Supermodel Nina Agdal to make in store appearance
- Rumor mill: Shakira switches brokers midstream
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest