Al Roker at Books and Books
Al Roker is known to over thirty million viewers for his work on NBC’s Today show, a role that has earned him ten Emmy awards. His new memoir, Never Goin Back: Winning the Weight Loss Battle for Good, is a story of childhood trauma, a deathbed promise, and a courageous decision to undergo a controversial surgery.
Tired of being stuck in the endless cycle of weight loss and gain that comes with dieting, the Emmy award-winning weather anchor of NBC’s Today knew something had to be done. “To be honest,” he writes, “I knew that I couldn’t live like this anymore. And I had a lot to live for.”
In his book, Roker shares the childhood teasing he endured as a real life “Fat Albert,” as well as the roots and causes of binge and closet eating.
Meet him at Books & Books in Coral Gabels at 6:30pm on Friday, February 22.
On Our Radar
- Would you buy a cellphone from Jennifer Lopez?
- Barbara Walters' daughter arrested in Naples
- Two locals will appear on ABC's The Bachelorette
- Bryan 'Birdman' launches vodka at Mokai
- Rob Delaney teams up with local company for game
- Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson arrested in Broward
- Gorilla Perfumes making a stop at LUSH on Lincoln Road
- Food Network chefs sign on to Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- Rewind Recap: Accordion Invasion hits South Beach
- Glades star Jordan Wall to appear at fundraiser