Al Roker at Books and Books
Al Roker is known to over thirty million viewers for his work on NBC’s Today show, a role that has earned him ten Emmy awards. His new memoir, Never Goin Back: Winning the Weight Loss Battle for Good, is a story of childhood trauma, a deathbed promise, and a courageous decision to undergo a controversial surgery.
Tired of being stuck in the endless cycle of weight loss and gain that comes with dieting, the Emmy award-winning weather anchor of NBC’s Today knew something had to be done. “To be honest,” he writes, “I knew that I couldn’t live like this anymore. And I had a lot to live for.”
In his book, Roker shares the childhood teasing he endured as a real life “Fat Albert,” as well as the roots and causes of binge and closet eating.
Meet him at Books & Books in Coral Gabels at 6:30pm on Friday, February 22.
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew