Al Roker at Books and Books
Al Roker is known to over thirty million viewers for his work on NBC’s Today show, a role that has earned him ten Emmy awards. His new memoir, Never Goin Back: Winning the Weight Loss Battle for Good, is a story of childhood trauma, a deathbed promise, and a courageous decision to undergo a controversial surgery.
Tired of being stuck in the endless cycle of weight loss and gain that comes with dieting, the Emmy award-winning weather anchor of NBC’s Today knew something had to be done. “To be honest,” he writes, “I knew that I couldn’t live like this anymore. And I had a lot to live for.”
In his book, Roker shares the childhood teasing he endured as a real life “Fat Albert,” as well as the roots and causes of binge and closet eating.
Meet him at Books & Books in Coral Gabels at 6:30pm on Friday, February 22.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how