Airport 24/7: Miami coming to Travel Channel
MIA is ready for its close-up. Airport 24/7: Miami brings viewers into what goes on at Miami International Airport. It's considered a Category X airport -- a prime target for terrorist threats -- and with 38 million passengers a year, the size of a small city.
Catch the premiere on the Travel Channel Tuesday, October 2 @ 9 followed by another new episode at 9:30.
"This is a fantastic opportunity for national viewers to see some of our many hard-working and dedicated employees in action and the improvements we’re making for the traveling public,” Miami-Dade Aviation Department Assistant Director Lauren Stover said in a release. “In cooperation with federal and local agencies and our other airport partners, we were able to arrange for the access necessary to make this show a first in television history.”
On Our Radar
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday
- Artist Shepard Fairey talks Hennessy bottle design in Wynwood
- New Miami Heat players spotted around town
- Robin Williams mourned at South Beach hotel
- Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders reveal 2015 swimsuit calendar at LIV nightclub
- Brittny Gastineau has fun in the sun in Miami
- Hulu star Ray Diaz comes home to Miami
- Singer Brendan O'Hara rocks out local club
- Mario Chalmers: It's going to be an exciting Miami Heat season