Adrianne Calvo celebrates August with dragon fruit
Highlight of menu
Happy five year anniversary to Chef Adrianne Calvo and her namesake Kendall restaurant and wine bar, Chef Adrianne's.
She's been busy, with gigs on Clear Channel radio, NBC 6 and Food Network’s Chopped. Her her own show is also in the works. One of her favorite things to do is return to basics – deconstruct it, and put her own spin. Intensive research and creativity go hand in hand for the trendsetter, as she focuses daily on introducing new dishes by seasonal availability of local produce from local farmers markets. Through the month of August she'll be focusing on dishes made with dragon fruit. Thnk Thai Dragon Fruit with grilled Wild Shrimp and Toasted Peanuts, available until the crops of local run out. “I enjoy telling a story through the ingredients in a dish,'' says the 28 year old.
"Close your eyes and imagine a tropical landscape. My goal was to make my restaurant a destination restaurant where you can dream about the food you would like to eat on your way there and talk about how great the food was on your drive back home." It's like that for all of her dishes. "When you taste our osso bucco, I hope you can close your eyes, and imagine an old Italian grandma at the helm of her stove for hours on end and a lot of love.”
11510 Southwest 147th Avenue, Kendall,
On Our Radar
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules
- Mario Lopez parties on yacht in Miami Beach
- Models spotted at Swim Week
- Cool and crafty event at Aventura Mall
- Roselyn Sánchez dishes on ‘Devious Maids,’ singing and new Spanish comedy
- Local bachelor appears in the nude on reality show