Adrianne Calvo celebrates August with dragon fruit
Highlight of menu
Happy five year anniversary to Chef Adrianne Calvo and her namesake Kendall restaurant and wine bar, Chef Adrianne's.
She's been busy, with gigs on Clear Channel radio, NBC 6 and Food Network’s Chopped. Her her own show is also in the works. One of her favorite things to do is return to basics – deconstruct it, and put her own spin. Intensive research and creativity go hand in hand for the trendsetter, as she focuses daily on introducing new dishes by seasonal availability of local produce from local farmers markets. Through the month of August she'll be focusing on dishes made with dragon fruit. Thnk Thai Dragon Fruit with grilled Wild Shrimp and Toasted Peanuts, available until the crops of local run out. “I enjoy telling a story through the ingredients in a dish,'' says the 28 year old.
"Close your eyes and imagine a tropical landscape. My goal was to make my restaurant a destination restaurant where you can dream about the food you would like to eat on your way there and talk about how great the food was on your drive back home." It's like that for all of her dishes. "When you taste our osso bucco, I hope you can close your eyes, and imagine an old Italian grandma at the helm of her stove for hours on end and a lot of love.”
11510 Southwest 147th Avenue, Kendall,
On Our Radar
- The Kardashians raise eyebrows in Cuba
- Forget about a concert: Janet Jackson is pregnant
- Floridian model Kate Upton engaged
- A 'Real Housewives of Miami' spinoff with Joanna Krupa?
- Mariah Carey set to make wishes come true in Miami
- #Rich Kids of Beverly Hills star in Miami
- Ivanka Trump: Welcome to my spa
- Jencarlos Canela discusses his music at Latin Billboards
- Beyonce and Jay Z look and act like a couple in Miami
- 10 ways to prepare for the Beyonce concert