Adam Lambert accused of battery on South Beach
American Idol star involved in paparazzi fight behind the Raleigh Hotel
American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert is apparently more karate master than master of disguise.
The wailer, in town before his performance Sunday at Hard Rock Live, is accused of attacking a papa- razzo Thursday outside a South Beach hotel after the photographer recognized Lambert despite his ‘‘disguise'' of beach attire high- lighted by a Panamanian hat -- a significant departure from the sing- er's typical black leather on-stage getup.
Photographer Victor Eras told police that he began taking Lambert's picture outside the Raleigh Hotel at about 6 p.m. and Lambert rushed him. Eras said Lambert tried to grab a camera out of his bag and wrestled him to the ground. Lambert ran when he realized a crowd was gathering, according to an incident report. Pictures of the alleged incident quickly cropped up on the Internet, showing what appears to be Lambert in turquoise shorts, a large floppy hat and a tank top grappling with a photographer.
Police spokesman detective Juan Sanchez could not confirm that the picture was indeed of the alleged attack, but Lambert seemed to acknowledge the incident and pictures through his Twitter account late Thursday night. "Hahha the photos are hilari- ous!!'' Lambert tweeted. "Lol please everyone forgive me for that hat. - I was attempting a disguise- clearly failed."
Lambert later tweeted that he was only trying to grab a camera and "no punches were thrown and no one was on the ground." Sanchez said police will not press charges. It is up to Eras to take the case to the state attorney's office,'' he said.
On Our Radar
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday
- Artist Shepard Fairey talks Hennessy bottle design in Wynwood
- New Miami Heat players spotted around town
- Robin Williams mourned at South Beach hotel