Adam Lambert accused of battery on South Beach
American Idol star involved in paparazzi fight behind the Raleigh Hotel
American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert is apparently more karate master than master of disguise.
The wailer, in town before his performance Sunday at Hard Rock Live, is accused of attacking a papa- razzo Thursday outside a South Beach hotel after the photographer recognized Lambert despite his ‘‘disguise'' of beach attire high- lighted by a Panamanian hat -- a significant departure from the sing- er's typical black leather on-stage getup.
Photographer Victor Eras told police that he began taking Lambert's picture outside the Raleigh Hotel at about 6 p.m. and Lambert rushed him. Eras said Lambert tried to grab a camera out of his bag and wrestled him to the ground. Lambert ran when he realized a crowd was gathering, according to an incident report. Pictures of the alleged incident quickly cropped up on the Internet, showing what appears to be Lambert in turquoise shorts, a large floppy hat and a tank top grappling with a photographer.
Police spokesman detective Juan Sanchez could not confirm that the picture was indeed of the alleged attack, but Lambert seemed to acknowledge the incident and pictures through his Twitter account late Thursday night. "Hahha the photos are hilari- ous!!'' Lambert tweeted. "Lol please everyone forgive me for that hat. - I was attempting a disguise- clearly failed."
Lambert later tweeted that he was only trying to grab a camera and "no punches were thrown and no one was on the ground." Sanchez said police will not press charges. It is up to Eras to take the case to the state attorney's office,'' he said.
On Our Radar
- Demi Lovato: Eating disorder started when I was toddler
- Rap mogul Birdman dating Toni Braxton
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?