Actress Persia White teams up for artist documentary
To be shown during Art Basel
Props to a local filmmaker! Bombay Sapphire Gin and TV production company Leopard Films USA are teaming up to produce five short films and a 60-minute documentary to explore the convergence of emerging and established artistic talent.
Five celebrity filmmakers including South Florida actress Persia White (TV's Girlfriends) will be matched with five up-and- coming artists – all finalists in the Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series, a nationwide art competition providing exposure for undiscovered talent – to collaborate on a short film.
Each pair will use the backdrop of their shared native city to unearth how imagination unlocks the hidden potential and beauty in the world. At the same time, the 60-minute documentary – titled Imagination to Reality: An Artisan’s Journey and produced by New York-based Leopard Films USA – will follow them throughout the filming of the shorts and as the artists prepare for their debut during Art Basel in December.
White was recently down in Miami shooting with the Miami finalist. The documentary will follow the pair as they prepare for the short’s debut in December during Basel. Persia will act as mentor, guiding him or her through this exciting time.
The final 60-minute documentary will premiere both globally and on US television by Ovation Network and Tribeca Network in January 2013.
On Our Radar
- John Leguizamo in Miami to talk new movie
- Dave Chappelle seen at club until the wee hours
- Mario Chalmers hosts first annual Red Hot Winter Wonderland
- Robi Draco Rosa reveals that cancer has returned
- Demi Lovato a headliner at Y100 Jingle Ball
- Strange turn in Justin Bieber lawsuit
- Is Lindsay Lohan behind Basel beatdown?
- Paul Walker to costar with Miami native
- Michael Jordan's wife expecting
- Dwyane Wade’s ex wants divorce declared null and void