Actor Edgar Ramirez goes full circle in Zero Dark Thirty
At Soho Beach House for press day
Edgar Ramirez believes in fate. The Zero Dark Thirty star explains how he met with director Kathryn Bigelow for an entirely different project back in 2010: a movie revolving around The Triple Frontier, aka the tri-border area long Paraguay Argentina, and Brazil. The game changer came when Osama bin Laden was killed by American forces in May 2011. Then he got the call to be in Zero Dark Thirty.
“I was privileged that she invited me on board,” says Ramirez of the Oscar winner (The Hurt Locker). Ramirez couldn’t ignore the irony.
His last major role was the lead in the biopic Carlos, playing 1970s terrorist Carlos the Jackal. “It was interesting that I was going to be on the other side of the spectrum, this time, chasing terrorists,” Ramirez says of his role as Larry, a CIA ground officer who is instrumental in getting bin Laden captured.
“I saw a certain synchronicity,” says the native Venezuelan, who is rumored to be dating costar Jessica Chastain. Oscar buzz is mounting but Ramirez is taking his time to relax a bit. He was hoping to spend more time in South Florida, which he used to visit often back in the 90s when his parents lived in Doral.
“I don’t come to Miami as frequently as I’d like,” he says. “But I enjoy it every time I do. Very nice memories. My relationship with this city goes back in time.”
On Our Radar
- Mario Chalmers: It's going to be an exciting Miami Heat season
- Spied around Miami: ARod, Katy Perry's ex, Shaq
- Million Dollar Listing Miami in trouble?
- Dwayne "The Rock Johnson filming football show in Miami
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Mangianello continue romance-fest in Miami
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules