Actor Edgar Ramirez goes full circle in Zero Dark Thirty
At Soho Beach House for press day
Edgar Ramirez believes in fate. The Zero Dark Thirty star explains how he met with director Kathryn Bigelow for an entirely different project back in 2010: a movie revolving around The Triple Frontier, aka the tri-border area long Paraguay Argentina, and Brazil. The game changer came when Osama bin Laden was killed by American forces in May 2011. Then he got the call to be in Zero Dark Thirty.
“I was privileged that she invited me on board,” says Ramirez of the Oscar winner (The Hurt Locker). Ramirez couldn’t ignore the irony.
His last major role was the lead in the biopic Carlos, playing 1970s terrorist Carlos the Jackal. “It was interesting that I was going to be on the other side of the spectrum, this time, chasing terrorists,” Ramirez says of his role as Larry, a CIA ground officer who is instrumental in getting bin Laden captured.
“I saw a certain synchronicity,” says the native Venezuelan, who is rumored to be dating costar Jessica Chastain. Oscar buzz is mounting but Ramirez is taking his time to relax a bit. He was hoping to spend more time in South Florida, which he used to visit often back in the 90s when his parents lived in Doral.
“I don’t come to Miami as frequently as I’d like,” he says. “But I enjoy it every time I do. Very nice memories. My relationship with this city goes back in time.”
On Our Radar
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails
- Mrs Chris Bosh christened sparkling new parking spot