Accessible Art: New exhibits at the Lowe Art Museum, Robert Fontaine Gallery and the Arsht Center
Glass art at the Lowe in Coral Gables, Street meets pop art in Wynwood, and Hernan Bas unveils new painting at the Arsht Center
Robert Fontaine Gallery in Wynwood is showcasing new works by London-based street and pop artist RYCA in a solo exhibition dubbed, Refresh. RYCA is known for his nostalgic content featuring classic Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein imagery along with Star Wars iconography. Runs through Nov. 23. 2349 NW 2nd Ave.; robertfontainegallery.com or 305-397-8530.
Hernan Bas at the Arsht Center
A painting by international artist and Miami native, Hernan Bas, is now on display at the Adrienne Arsht Center for Performing Arts representing the second installment to its Knight Masterworks Print Collection. Handmade impressions of Bas’ work entitled, Downhill at Dusk (the Runway), will be sold for $7,500 each to benefit the Center’s programming for commissions. On view prior to performances and during free behind-the-scenes tours; Mondays and Saturday at noon. 1300 Biscayne Blvd,, Miami; arshtcenter.org or 305-949-6722.
Just opened at the Lowe Art Museum
The exhibit ?#@*S%! The Mainstream embraces a “do-it-yourself” spirit with 123 zines (self-published magazines) on display from Special Collections at the University of Miami Libraries. A curator’s talk, selected zine readings, guided tour, and collective zine-making is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 16 from 1 – 3 p.m. Exhibit runs through Jan. 5. 1301 Stanford Dr., Coral Gables; lowemuseum.org or 305-284-3535.
Beauty Beyond Nature presents more than 70 pieces of artist Paul Stankard’s glass art spanning four decades of work from his earliest attempts in 1969 to now. A lecture on the exhibition with Andrew Page, editor of Glass: The UrbanGlass Art Quarterly is Thursday at 7 p.m. at UM’s new Student Activities Center. Reception to follow at the Lowe, 8 p.m. 1301 Stanford Dr., Coral Gables; lowemuseum.org or 305-284-3535.
See and Do
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- Surreal dance stories from Cuba
- Miami.com debuts ‘Ocho de Noche’ series with exclusive event at Teatro Trail on Aug. 26
- A complete guide to Miami's many museums
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 17-19
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 10-12
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- Ultimate Guide to Miami's Museums
- Are you ready for a Miami art festival celebrating nudity and eroticism?