Accessible Art: New exhibits at the Lowe Art Museum, Robert Fontaine Gallery and the Arsht Center
Glass art at the Lowe in Coral Gables, Street meets pop art in Wynwood, and Hernan Bas unveils new painting at the Arsht Center
Robert Fontaine Gallery in Wynwood is showcasing new works by London-based street and pop artist RYCA in a solo exhibition dubbed, Refresh. RYCA is known for his nostalgic content featuring classic Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein imagery along with Star Wars iconography. Runs through Nov. 23. 2349 NW 2nd Ave.; robertfontainegallery.com or 305-397-8530.
Hernan Bas at the Arsht Center
A painting by international artist and Miami native, Hernan Bas, is now on display at the Adrienne Arsht Center for Performing Arts representing the second installment to its Knight Masterworks Print Collection. Handmade impressions of Bas’ work entitled, Downhill at Dusk (the Runway), will be sold for $7,500 each to benefit the Center’s programming for commissions. On view prior to performances and during free behind-the-scenes tours; Mondays and Saturday at noon. 1300 Biscayne Blvd,, Miami; arshtcenter.org or 305-949-6722.
Just opened at the Lowe Art Museum
The exhibit ?#@*S%! The Mainstream embraces a “do-it-yourself” spirit with 123 zines (self-published magazines) on display from Special Collections at the University of Miami Libraries. A curator’s talk, selected zine readings, guided tour, and collective zine-making is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 16 from 1 – 3 p.m. Exhibit runs through Jan. 5. 1301 Stanford Dr., Coral Gables; lowemuseum.org or 305-284-3535.
Beauty Beyond Nature presents more than 70 pieces of artist Paul Stankard’s glass art spanning four decades of work from his earliest attempts in 1969 to now. A lecture on the exhibition with Andrew Page, editor of Glass: The UrbanGlass Art Quarterly is Thursday at 7 p.m. at UM’s new Student Activities Center. Reception to follow at the Lowe, 8 p.m. 1301 Stanford Dr., Coral Gables; lowemuseum.org or 305-284-3535.
See and Do
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 10 features you won’t want to miss
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
- LA artist Kenton Parker elevates the 'selfie' with solo exhibition at Primary Projects for Art Basel
- Big brands descend on Miami Art Week to expose emerging artists to the public
- Accessible Art: Fort Lauderdale art exhibit spotlights 10 female artists, CIFO teams up with Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and MOCA on WPBT Ch. 2
- More gifts pour in as Pérez Art Museum Miami prepares to open
- Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
- Abstract painter Larry Poons brings art to Miami nature center in January
- Lunch with Lydia: Daughter of Wynwood pioneer carries on father’s mission