Accessible Art: See Connie McSilver's whimsical sculptures in the Design District, Salvador Dali at Wentworth Galleries, and Art Miami expands
Art inspired by psychology at Markowicz Fine Art Gallery, meet Dali's publisher's daughter and view her colleciton, and Art Miami acquires Downtown Fair in New York
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Mixed-media artist, social worker, and retired psychoanalyst Connie McSilver debuts a series of whimsical sculptures made of fiberglass covered with automotive paint alongside brightly colored paintings that explore psychology and social work at Markowicz Fine Art Gallery, 114 NE 40th St., Miami. Opening reception is Thursday, Jan. 30 from 6 – 8 p.m. RSVP required to firstname.lastname@example.org or 786-362-5546. markowiczfineart.com.
Salvador Dali: The Argillet Collection
Wentworth Galleries announces a dual presentation of “Salvador Dali: The Argillet Collection,” a museum-quality exhibition of original etchings, photographs, and pen and ink drawings, on Saturday, Feb. 1 with two scheduled appearances by Madame Christine Argillet, daughter of Dali’s publisher and confidante Pierre Argillet, from 1 – 3 p.m. at the Wentworth Gallery on Las Olas Blvd. and from 6 – 9 p.m. at the gallery’s location inside the Town Center Mall in Boca Raton. Events are free and open to the public with RSVP: email@example.com, 954-468-0685 or firstname.lastname@example.org, 561-338-0804. Collection is on exhibition until Feb. 15. wentworthgallery.com.
Art Miami group expands
The ownership group of Art Miami acquired New York’s Downtown Fair just in time for its first edition May 8 – 11 at the historic 69th Regiment Armory during Frieze Week. Art Miami partner and director Nick Korniloff will direct the inaugural show with a roster of approximately 50 high profile contemporary art dealers from around the world. downtownfair.com or 305-515-8573.
- Accessible Art: John Sanchez and Jean-Paul Mallozzi unveil show in Hallandale Beach and Fashion Project FP01 opens experimental pop-up at Bal Harbour Shops
- Could Miami become a buoyant city after all?
- Venezuelan pop artist Fer Sucre brings his colorful work to Wynwood
- Art Review: Vik Muniz's Poetics of Perception at the Lowe Art Museum
- Accessible Art: artist Joana Fischer explores overconsumption at the Bakehouse Art Complex and Deering Estate hosts Festival of the Arts
- Accessible Art: Jewish Museum of Florida celebrates 20 years with new exhibition and ArtServe presents 'Art = Antidote to Hate' in Fort Lauderdale
- Learn how to sketch at The Wolfsonian-FIU museum in South Beach
- Accessible Art: Celebrate Women's History Month with art in Opa-locka and see new murals by Brazilian artist Rubem Robierb in Fort Lauderdale
- Final formal exhibit at ArtCenter on Miami Beach begins this weekend
- Pérez Art Museum Miami's new monthly party series: 'PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social'