Accessible Art: See Connie McSilver's whimsical sculptures in the Design District, Salvador Dali at Wentworth Galleries, and Art Miami expands
Art inspired by psychology at Markowicz Fine Art Gallery, meet Dali's publisher's daughter and view her colleciton, and Art Miami acquires Downtown Fair in New York
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Mixed-media artist, social worker, and retired psychoanalyst Connie McSilver debuts a series of whimsical sculptures made of fiberglass covered with automotive paint alongside brightly colored paintings that explore psychology and social work at Markowicz Fine Art Gallery, 114 NE 40th St., Miami. Opening reception is Thursday, Jan. 30 from 6 – 8 p.m. RSVP required to firstname.lastname@example.org or 786-362-5546. markowiczfineart.com.
Salvador Dali: The Argillet Collection
Wentworth Galleries announces a dual presentation of “Salvador Dali: The Argillet Collection,” a museum-quality exhibition of original etchings, photographs, and pen and ink drawings, on Saturday, Feb. 1 with two scheduled appearances by Madame Christine Argillet, daughter of Dali’s publisher and confidante Pierre Argillet, from 1 – 3 p.m. at the Wentworth Gallery on Las Olas Blvd. and from 6 – 9 p.m. at the gallery’s location inside the Town Center Mall in Boca Raton. Events are free and open to the public with RSVP: email@example.com, 954-468-0685 or firstname.lastname@example.org, 561-338-0804. Collection is on exhibition until Feb. 15. wentworthgallery.com.
Art Miami group expands
The ownership group of Art Miami acquired New York’s Downtown Fair just in time for its first edition May 8 – 11 at the historic 69th Regiment Armory during Frieze Week. Art Miami partner and director Nick Korniloff will direct the inaugural show with a roster of approximately 50 high profile contemporary art dealers from around the world. downtownfair.com or 305-515-8573.
- Accessible Art: Fontainebleau Miami Beach unveils The Frank Sinatra Photo Gallery and photographer Cendino Temé's work is on view at the Black Archives
- Accessible Art: Collabo5 at the Bakehouse Art Complex in Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Bass Museum of Art offers free classes and DEMI's work is on view at Miami International Airport
- Accessible Art: Carlos Betancourt and Alberto Latorre build a sculpture for the new Animal Services Adoption Center and PAMM opens an aviary
- Accessible Art: The Miami Home Design and Remodeling Show announces ambassador artists and Art Basel launches revamped website
- Accessible Art: The MDC Museum of Art + Design unveils Recent Acquisitions + Highlights and The Norton reflects on the Black Panthers
- Artists and writers collaborate to honor history of downtown Miami
- Accessible Art: Beck's Urban Canvas launches in Miami and ICA presents 'Who's Afraid of the Art Market?'
- Accessible Art: 'Recently Acquired' at the Bakehouse Art Complex and ArtCenter/South Florida accepts new residency applications
- Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science Explores the Intersection of Art and Science with Curious Vault Collaborations 002 on July 14