Accessible Art: See Connie McSilver's whimsical sculptures in the Design District, Salvador Dali at Wentworth Galleries, and Art Miami expands
Art inspired by psychology at Markowicz Fine Art Gallery, meet Dali's publisher's daughter and view her colleciton, and Art Miami acquires Downtown Fair in New York
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Mixed-media artist, social worker, and retired psychoanalyst Connie McSilver debuts a series of whimsical sculptures made of fiberglass covered with automotive paint alongside brightly colored paintings that explore psychology and social work at Markowicz Fine Art Gallery, 114 NE 40th St., Miami. Opening reception is Thursday, Jan. 30 from 6 – 8 p.m. RSVP required to email@example.com or 786-362-5546. markowiczfineart.com.
Salvador Dali: The Argillet Collection
Wentworth Galleries announces a dual presentation of “Salvador Dali: The Argillet Collection,” a museum-quality exhibition of original etchings, photographs, and pen and ink drawings, on Saturday, Feb. 1 with two scheduled appearances by Madame Christine Argillet, daughter of Dali’s publisher and confidante Pierre Argillet, from 1 – 3 p.m. at the Wentworth Gallery on Las Olas Blvd. and from 6 – 9 p.m. at the gallery’s location inside the Town Center Mall in Boca Raton. Events are free and open to the public with RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org, 954-468-0685 or email@example.com, 561-338-0804. Collection is on exhibition until Feb. 15. wentworthgallery.com.
Art Miami group expands
The ownership group of Art Miami acquired New York’s Downtown Fair just in time for its first edition May 8 – 11 at the historic 69th Regiment Armory during Frieze Week. Art Miami partner and director Nick Korniloff will direct the inaugural show with a roster of approximately 50 high profile contemporary art dealers from around the world. downtownfair.com or 305-515-8573.
- Accessible Art: Fashion Project focuses on next phase at Bal Harbour Shops and a Purvis Young show opens in Kendall
- Accessible Art: Hialeah unveils new arts district and New World School of the Arts spotlights graduating class
- How to enjoy Maison & Objet if you're not a design professional
- Accessible Art: Henrietta Harris exhibits at Robert Fontaine Gallery and ICA, Miami unveils Guccivuitton group show
- Accessible Art: Be a part of Broward's Inside Out Project and see Scandinavian design in South Miami
- Accessible Art: Prized Picasso pieces on display at NSU Art Museum and Bass Museum of Art announces temporary closure
- Paint-by-Number: How Miami artist Magnus Sodamin created 'Infinity Split'
- Wynwood Life: Art, Food, Fashion, Music
- Accessible Art: Nicolas Lobo's The Leisure Pit opens at PAMM and Cuban artist Sandra Ramos exhibits at Tub Gallery
- Accessible Art: John Sanchez and Jean-Paul Mallozzi unveil show in Hallandale Beach and Fashion Project FP01 opens experimental pop-up at Bal Harbour Shops