Accessible Art: See Connie McSilver's whimsical sculptures in the Design District, Salvador Dali at Wentworth Galleries, and Art Miami expands
Art inspired by psychology at Markowicz Fine Art Gallery, meet Dali's publisher's daughter and view her colleciton, and Art Miami acquires Downtown Fair in New York
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Mixed-media artist, social worker, and retired psychoanalyst Connie McSilver debuts a series of whimsical sculptures made of fiberglass covered with automotive paint alongside brightly colored paintings that explore psychology and social work at Markowicz Fine Art Gallery, 114 NE 40th St., Miami. Opening reception is Thursday, Jan. 30 from 6 – 8 p.m. RSVP required to firstname.lastname@example.org or 786-362-5546. markowiczfineart.com.
Salvador Dali: The Argillet Collection
Wentworth Galleries announces a dual presentation of “Salvador Dali: The Argillet Collection,” a museum-quality exhibition of original etchings, photographs, and pen and ink drawings, on Saturday, Feb. 1 with two scheduled appearances by Madame Christine Argillet, daughter of Dali’s publisher and confidante Pierre Argillet, from 1 – 3 p.m. at the Wentworth Gallery on Las Olas Blvd. and from 6 – 9 p.m. at the gallery’s location inside the Town Center Mall in Boca Raton. Events are free and open to the public with RSVP: email@example.com, 954-468-0685 or firstname.lastname@example.org, 561-338-0804. Collection is on exhibition until Feb. 15. wentworthgallery.com.
Art Miami group expands
The ownership group of Art Miami acquired New York’s Downtown Fair just in time for its first edition May 8 – 11 at the historic 69th Regiment Armory during Frieze Week. Art Miami partner and director Nick Korniloff will direct the inaugural show with a roster of approximately 50 high profile contemporary art dealers from around the world. downtownfair.com or 305-515-8573.
- Accessible Art: Coral Gables Museum explores bizarre botany with local artists and PAMM unveils site-specific installation by Leonor Antunes
- Accessible Art: Educational seminars for artists, build your own digital art collection, and photography with Steven Brooke
- MOCA to close and move to new space as the 'Institute of Contemporary Art'
- Accessible Art: 'American Sabor' exhibit opens at HistoryMiami and Pérez Art Museum Miami presents Adler Guerrier
- Accessible Art: New York-based curator Thomas J. Lax unveils new show at Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale and FEAST Miami pops up at Emerson Dorsch Gallery for local art projects
- Accessible Art: Miami's own Jillian Mayer to exhibit at La Biennale de Montréal and Cannonball announces open call for local residency program
- Gapingvoid: an art business with a purpose
- Preservationists: Bay Harbor Islands' MiMo architecture in ‘danger'
- Accessible Art: São Paulo-based artist Laura Vinci unveils “Untitled" and The Museum of Discovery and Science and the Stranahan House present “The Great South Florida History Mystery Weekend”
- Accessible Art: Craig Robins reveals personal art collection to PAMM Contemporaries and the Downtown Hollywood Mural Project commissions Miami artist Krave