Accessible Art: Italian architect Enrico Pinna talks architecture at the Wolfsonian, gallery advice by Reed V. Horth, Luis Velenzuela brings fashion to the Bakehouse Art Complex, and new works by Christy Gast at Locust Projects
Famed architect discusses his book tonight, prepare to pitch a gallery at Yo Space, Luis Velenzuela's art-as-fashion at the BAC, and Christy Gast's 'Inholdings' is now on view
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Italian architect Enrico Pinna discusses his book “Talking Architectures: Works and Designs by Enrico Pinna and Mariri Viardo” at The Wolfsonian-FIU’s café on Monday, March 10 from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Free and open to the public. 1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; wolfsonian.fiu.edu or 305-531-1001.
How to go after a gallery
Life is Art presents “Art/Work Connections: Gallery Prep with Reed V. Horth,” as part of its monthly series of seminars to support local art professionals. Horth, a gallerist and art concierge, will give advice for pitching and getting into a gallery, Tuesday, March 11 from 6:30 – 9 p.m. with complimentary wine and bites. Yo Space, 294 NE 62nd St., Miami; tickets $10 at the door. Pre-registration required: awc.lifeisartfest.org.
The Bakehouse Art Complex launches an installation by local artist and fashion designer Luis Velenzuela for “Second Friday” on March 14 in the Swenson Gallery. Models will roam the halls wearing Velenzuela’s art-as-fashion designs during the reception from 7 – 10 p.m. 561 NW 32nd St., Miami; on view through early April. Admission is $5; free for members. bacfl.org or 305-576-2828.
Christy Gast at Locust Projects
Miami-based artist Christy Gast’s exhibition “Inholdings” is on view at Locust Projects, 3852 N. Miami Ave., Miami, featuring two new works: a full-scale textile replica of a Nike Hercules missile and a single-channel video entitled War Drums, referring to the Hole-in-the-Donut region of the Everglades. Tuesday – Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Through April 12. locustprojects.org or 305-576-8570.
- Accessible Art: Miami's own Jillian Mayer to exhibit at La Biennale de Montréal and Cannonball announces open call for local residency program
- Gapingvoid: an art business with a purpose
- Preservationists: Bay Harbor Islands' MiMo architecture in ‘danger'
- Accessible Art: São Paulo-based artist Laura Vinci unveils “Untitled" and The Museum of Discovery and Science and the Stranahan House present “The Great South Florida History Mystery Weekend”
- Accessible Art: Craig Robins reveals personal art collection to PAMM Contemporaries and the Downtown Hollywood Mural Project commissions Miami artist Krave
- ArtCenter/South Florida announced plans to sell one of its Lincoln Road sites
- Muse of the Month: Artist Gustavo Oviedo
- Accessible Art: Provocative paintings by Hernan Bas at the de la Cruz Collection and "Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case" plays at O Cinema Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Jeffrey Noble unveils new paintings at Butter Gallery and the YoungArts Salon Series hosts Justin Peck and Sufjan Stevens
- Miami’s YoungArts Foundation launches a visual arts residency program with artist Suzanne McClelland