Accessible Art: Italian architect Enrico Pinna talks architecture at the Wolfsonian, gallery advice by Reed V. Horth, Luis Velenzuela brings fashion to the Bakehouse Art Complex, and new works by Christy Gast at Locust Projects
Famed architect discusses his book tonight, prepare to pitch a gallery at Yo Space, Luis Velenzuela's art-as-fashion at the BAC, and Christy Gast's 'Inholdings' is now on view
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Italian architect Enrico Pinna discusses his book “Talking Architectures: Works and Designs by Enrico Pinna and Mariri Viardo” at The Wolfsonian-FIU’s café on Monday, March 10 from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Free and open to the public. 1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; wolfsonian.fiu.edu or 305-531-1001.
How to go after a gallery
Life is Art presents “Art/Work Connections: Gallery Prep with Reed V. Horth,” as part of its monthly series of seminars to support local art professionals. Horth, a gallerist and art concierge, will give advice for pitching and getting into a gallery, Tuesday, March 11 from 6:30 – 9 p.m. with complimentary wine and bites. Yo Space, 294 NE 62nd St., Miami; tickets $10 at the door. Pre-registration required: awc.lifeisartfest.org.
The Bakehouse Art Complex launches an installation by local artist and fashion designer Luis Velenzuela for “Second Friday” on March 14 in the Swenson Gallery. Models will roam the halls wearing Velenzuela’s art-as-fashion designs during the reception from 7 – 10 p.m. 561 NW 32nd St., Miami; on view through early April. Admission is $5; free for members. bacfl.org or 305-576-2828.
Christy Gast at Locust Projects
Miami-based artist Christy Gast’s exhibition “Inholdings” is on view at Locust Projects, 3852 N. Miami Ave., Miami, featuring two new works: a full-scale textile replica of a Nike Hercules missile and a single-channel video entitled War Drums, referring to the Hole-in-the-Donut region of the Everglades. Tuesday – Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Through April 12. locustprojects.org or 305-576-8570.
- Paint-by-Number: How Miami artist Magnus Sodamin created 'Infinity Split'
- Wynwood Life: Art, Food, Fashion, Music
- Accessible Art: Nicolas Lobo's The Leisure Pit opens at PAMM and Cuban artist Sandra Ramos exhibits at Tub Gallery
- Accessible Art: John Sanchez and Jean-Paul Mallozzi unveil show in Hallandale Beach and Fashion Project FP01 opens experimental pop-up at Bal Harbour Shops
- Could Miami become a buoyant city after all?
- Venezuelan pop artist Fer Sucre brings his colorful work to Wynwood
- Art Review: Vik Muniz's Poetics of Perception at the Lowe Art Museum
- Accessible Art: artist Joana Fischer explores overconsumption at the Bakehouse Art Complex and Deering Estate hosts Festival of the Arts
- Accessible Art: Jewish Museum of Florida celebrates 20 years with new exhibition and ArtServe presents 'Art = Antidote to Hate' in Fort Lauderdale
- Learn how to sketch at The Wolfsonian-FIU museum in South Beach