Accessible Art: Italian architect Enrico Pinna talks architecture at the Wolfsonian, gallery advice by Reed V. Horth, Luis Velenzuela brings fashion to the Bakehouse Art Complex, and new works by Christy Gast at Locust Projects
Famed architect discusses his book tonight, prepare to pitch a gallery at Yo Space, Luis Velenzuela's art-as-fashion at the BAC, and Christy Gast's 'Inholdings' is now on view
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Italian architect Enrico Pinna discusses his book “Talking Architectures: Works and Designs by Enrico Pinna and Mariri Viardo” at The Wolfsonian-FIU’s café on Monday, March 10 from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Free and open to the public. 1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; wolfsonian.fiu.edu or 305-531-1001.
How to go after a gallery
Life is Art presents “Art/Work Connections: Gallery Prep with Reed V. Horth,” as part of its monthly series of seminars to support local art professionals. Horth, a gallerist and art concierge, will give advice for pitching and getting into a gallery, Tuesday, March 11 from 6:30 – 9 p.m. with complimentary wine and bites. Yo Space, 294 NE 62nd St., Miami; tickets $10 at the door. Pre-registration required: awc.lifeisartfest.org.
The Bakehouse Art Complex launches an installation by local artist and fashion designer Luis Velenzuela for “Second Friday” on March 14 in the Swenson Gallery. Models will roam the halls wearing Velenzuela’s art-as-fashion designs during the reception from 7 – 10 p.m. 561 NW 32nd St., Miami; on view through early April. Admission is $5; free for members. bacfl.org or 305-576-2828.
Christy Gast at Locust Projects
Miami-based artist Christy Gast’s exhibition “Inholdings” is on view at Locust Projects, 3852 N. Miami Ave., Miami, featuring two new works: a full-scale textile replica of a Nike Hercules missile and a single-channel video entitled War Drums, referring to the Hole-in-the-Donut region of the Everglades. Tuesday – Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Through April 12. locustprojects.org or 305-576-8570.
- Accessible Art: The Cultivist launches a global arts club and Cara Despain exhibits at the Bakehouse Art Complex
- Accessible Art: River of Art in Opa-locka and NPR's Neda Ulaby speaks at ArtServe
- Purvis Young collection gifted to The Black Archives in Overtown
- Inside|Out placemaking program takes art to the streets in Miami
- Transgender artists showcased in monthlong South Florida series
- Haiti: How insiders and visitors represent the country and its people through photography
- Accessible Art: Michael Vasquez's 'Neighborhood Reclamation' at the Freedom Tower and David Hayes unveils new sculptural work in Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Role Play by Steven Meisel in the Design District and Christina West exhibits at Mindy Solomon Gallery
- Accessible Art: Fashion Project focuses on next phase at Bal Harbour Shops and a Purvis Young show opens in Kendall
- Accessible Art: Hialeah unveils new arts district and New World School of the Arts spotlights graduating class