Accessible Art: Italian architect Enrico Pinna talks architecture at the Wolfsonian, gallery advice by Reed V. Horth, Luis Velenzuela brings fashion to the Bakehouse Art Complex, and new works by Christy Gast at Locust Projects
Famed architect discusses his book tonight, prepare to pitch a gallery at Yo Space, Luis Velenzuela's art-as-fashion at the BAC, and Christy Gast's 'Inholdings' is now on view
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Italian architect Enrico Pinna discusses his book “Talking Architectures: Works and Designs by Enrico Pinna and Mariri Viardo” at The Wolfsonian-FIU’s café on Monday, March 10 from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Free and open to the public. 1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; wolfsonian.fiu.edu or 305-531-1001.
How to go after a gallery
Life is Art presents “Art/Work Connections: Gallery Prep with Reed V. Horth,” as part of its monthly series of seminars to support local art professionals. Horth, a gallerist and art concierge, will give advice for pitching and getting into a gallery, Tuesday, March 11 from 6:30 – 9 p.m. with complimentary wine and bites. Yo Space, 294 NE 62nd St., Miami; tickets $10 at the door. Pre-registration required: awc.lifeisartfest.org.
The Bakehouse Art Complex launches an installation by local artist and fashion designer Luis Velenzuela for “Second Friday” on March 14 in the Swenson Gallery. Models will roam the halls wearing Velenzuela’s art-as-fashion designs during the reception from 7 – 10 p.m. 561 NW 32nd St., Miami; on view through early April. Admission is $5; free for members. bacfl.org or 305-576-2828.
Christy Gast at Locust Projects
Miami-based artist Christy Gast’s exhibition “Inholdings” is on view at Locust Projects, 3852 N. Miami Ave., Miami, featuring two new works: a full-scale textile replica of a Nike Hercules missile and a single-channel video entitled War Drums, referring to the Hole-in-the-Donut region of the Everglades. Tuesday – Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Through April 12. locustprojects.org or 305-576-8570.
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center unveils Kenny Scharf print for 10@10 and a Jeff Koons sculpture arrives at Bal Harbour Shops
- Accessible Art: The Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU seeks nominees for Breaking the Glass Ceiling Awards and Yo Miami presents "Body & Soul"
- Accessible Art: Nari Ward retrospective opens at PAMM and The Art and Culture Center of Hollywood unveils five new exhibits
- Accessible Art: DCOTA in Dania Beach hosts interior design expo and ArtSpace/Virginia Miller Galleries celebrates 42nd season
- Accessible Art: The Art of Transformation kicks off in Opa-locka and Winter Park's Art on the Green spotlights seven Miami artists
- Accessible Art: A sleepover at PAMM and Katsuya unveils Japanese-inspired mural by Jose Mertz
- NEWT Miami: Experiments in Light, Color & Sound debuts in November
- Accessible Art: A Benjamin Cañas show at New World Gallery and #Saveartspace announces open call
- Accessible Art: Advance tickets go on sale for Science Art Cinema: Fear and Philodendron opens at The Wolfsonian-FIU
- Accessible Art: Faena Art Open Call and new exhibits at Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens