Accessible Art: Italian architect Enrico Pinna talks architecture at the Wolfsonian, gallery advice by Reed V. Horth, Luis Velenzuela brings fashion to the Bakehouse Art Complex, and new works by Christy Gast at Locust Projects
Famed architect discusses his book tonight, prepare to pitch a gallery at Yo Space, Luis Velenzuela's art-as-fashion at the BAC, and Christy Gast's 'Inholdings' is now on view
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Italian architect Enrico Pinna discusses his book “Talking Architectures: Works and Designs by Enrico Pinna and Mariri Viardo” at The Wolfsonian-FIU’s café on Monday, March 10 from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Free and open to the public. 1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; wolfsonian.fiu.edu or 305-531-1001.
How to go after a gallery
Life is Art presents “Art/Work Connections: Gallery Prep with Reed V. Horth,” as part of its monthly series of seminars to support local art professionals. Horth, a gallerist and art concierge, will give advice for pitching and getting into a gallery, Tuesday, March 11 from 6:30 – 9 p.m. with complimentary wine and bites. Yo Space, 294 NE 62nd St., Miami; tickets $10 at the door. Pre-registration required: awc.lifeisartfest.org.
The Bakehouse Art Complex launches an installation by local artist and fashion designer Luis Velenzuela for “Second Friday” on March 14 in the Swenson Gallery. Models will roam the halls wearing Velenzuela’s art-as-fashion designs during the reception from 7 – 10 p.m. 561 NW 32nd St., Miami; on view through early April. Admission is $5; free for members. bacfl.org or 305-576-2828.
Christy Gast at Locust Projects
Miami-based artist Christy Gast’s exhibition “Inholdings” is on view at Locust Projects, 3852 N. Miami Ave., Miami, featuring two new works: a full-scale textile replica of a Nike Hercules missile and a single-channel video entitled War Drums, referring to the Hole-in-the-Donut region of the Everglades. Tuesday – Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Through April 12. locustprojects.org or 305-576-8570.
- Accessible Art: Miami graffiti artist Jona Cerwinske transforms lounge at Katsuya and 'Untitled' art fair announces partnership with Curiator
- Miami artist, architects win design competition for new park in Wynwood
- MOCA Reopens on Thursday
- Accessible Art: Artists wanted for Faena Prize for the Arts and FAU presents “Common Ground: Artists in the Everglades”
- Accessible Art: Miami artist Santiago Rubino's solo show at Spinello Projects and Support-A-Scholar Celebration at Wynwood Walls this Saturday
- DWNTWN Art Days promotes arts and culture in Miami this weekend
- Accessible Art: The Bakehouse Art Complex honors local cultural leaders and Product/81 Gallery presents a solo show by street artist Jaz
- Reflections on Hurricane Andrew at 'The Big One: Photographs by Barry Fellman'
- Muse of the Month: Artist Carlos Martiel
- Accessible Art: Autumn Casey's solo show opens at Primary Projects and Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation (CIFO) ushers in international artists