Accessible Art: Free concert by MISO in Collins Park this Sunday, the Lowe Art Museum honors Navajo art from its permanent collection, and Oxenberg Fine Art presents "Transitions"
Celebrate the Bass Museum of Art's 50th anniversary with conductor Eduardo Marturet on Sunday, Jan. 26 at 4 p.m. in South Beach
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Free concert at the Bass
The Miami Symphony Orchestra (MISO), with conductor Eduardo Marturet, celebrates the Bass Museum of Art’s 50th anniversary with a free concert in Collins Park on Sunday, Jan. 26 at 4 p.m. A picnic “bassket” contest will be judged by Louis Aguirre of WSVN’s Deco Drive, Jose Carlos Diaz, curator of the Bass, and Cathy Leff of the Wolfsonian-FIU. Valet parking is $15. Event is free and open to the public. Perrier will be provided for all guests. 2100 Collins Ave. (between 21st & 22nd St.), Miami Beach; bassmuseum.org or 305-673-7530.
Navajo art at the Lowe
“Finished in Beauty: Navajo Weaving from the Permanent Collection” opens at the Lowe Art Museum in Coral Gables Friday, Jan. 24 with 19 examples of blankets from three categories, including the chief blanket, women’s garments, and the sarape. Members’ preview with lecture by Bill Mercer, curator of the concurrent exhibition “Pueblo to Pueblo: The Legacy of Southwest Indian Pottery,” is at 7 p.m. at the Storer Auditorium, University of Miami School of Business, with a reception following at 8 p.m. at the Lowe. Lecture is free for members and University of Miami students; reception is free for members and $10 for non-members. On view until March 23. lowemuseum.org or 305-284-3535.
New exhibit in Wynwood
Oxenberg Fine Art in Wynwood presents “Transitions,” a traveling exhibition with paintings and photography by Victor Matthews and Paolo Nicola Rossini, previously on display at La Biennale di Venezia and the Boca Museum of Art. Exhibition is on view until Feb. 28 at 450 NE 29th St., Miami; oxenbergart.com or 305-854-7104.
- 6 things you can't miss at the Coconut Grove Arts Festival and Art Wynwood (plus a bonus event!)
- 5 best art events this week
- Accessible Art: Spinello Projects unveils Farley Aguilar show and 'Zionismus' opens with the Consul General of Germany at MDC
- Accessible Art: Sacred mandalas at Coral Springs Museum of Art and The Art of Video Games at the Frost
- Accessible Art: Art and architecture in San Miguel de Allende and new paintings by Brandon "Wizz Dumb" Deener
- Accessible Art: Village of Biscayne Park launches sculpture competition and YogArt rocks the Miami Design District
- Accessible Art: Contemporary French artists at France Pavilion and the GMCVB presents Art of Black Miami
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center unveils Kenny Scharf print for 10@10 and a Jeff Koons sculpture arrives at Bal Harbour Shops
- Accessible Art: The Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU seeks nominees for Breaking the Glass Ceiling Awards and Yo Miami presents "Body & Soul"
- Accessible Art: Nari Ward retrospective opens at PAMM and The Art and Culture Center of Hollywood unveils five new exhibits