Accessible Art: Free concert by MISO in Collins Park this Sunday, the Lowe Art Museum honors Navajo art from its permanent collection, and Oxenberg Fine Art presents "Transitions"
Celebrate the Bass Museum of Art's 50th anniversary with conductor Eduardo Marturet on Sunday, Jan. 26 at 4 p.m. in South Beach
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Free concert at the Bass
The Miami Symphony Orchestra (MISO), with conductor Eduardo Marturet, celebrates the Bass Museum of Art’s 50th anniversary with a free concert in Collins Park on Sunday, Jan. 26 at 4 p.m. A picnic “bassket” contest will be judged by Louis Aguirre of WSVN’s Deco Drive, Jose Carlos Diaz, curator of the Bass, and Cathy Leff of the Wolfsonian-FIU. Valet parking is $15. Event is free and open to the public. Perrier will be provided for all guests. 2100 Collins Ave. (between 21st & 22nd St.), Miami Beach; bassmuseum.org or 305-673-7530.
Navajo art at the Lowe
“Finished in Beauty: Navajo Weaving from the Permanent Collection” opens at the Lowe Art Museum in Coral Gables Friday, Jan. 24 with 19 examples of blankets from three categories, including the chief blanket, women’s garments, and the sarape. Members’ preview with lecture by Bill Mercer, curator of the concurrent exhibition “Pueblo to Pueblo: The Legacy of Southwest Indian Pottery,” is at 7 p.m. at the Storer Auditorium, University of Miami School of Business, with a reception following at 8 p.m. at the Lowe. Lecture is free for members and University of Miami students; reception is free for members and $10 for non-members. On view until March 23. lowemuseum.org or 305-284-3535.
New exhibit in Wynwood
Oxenberg Fine Art in Wynwood presents “Transitions,” a traveling exhibition with paintings and photography by Victor Matthews and Paolo Nicola Rossini, previously on display at La Biennale di Venezia and the Boca Museum of Art. Exhibition is on view until Feb. 28 at 450 NE 29th St., Miami; oxenbergart.com or 305-854-7104.
- Accessible Art: The Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU seeks nominees for Breaking the Glass Ceiling Awards and Yo Miami presents "Body & Soul"
- Accessible Art: Nari Ward retrospective opens at PAMM and The Art and Culture Center of Hollywood unveils five new exhibits
- Accessible Art: DCOTA in Dania Beach hosts interior design expo and ArtSpace/Virginia Miller Galleries celebrates 42nd season
- Accessible Art: The Art of Transformation kicks off in Opa-locka and Winter Park's Art on the Green spotlights seven Miami artists
- Accessible Art: A sleepover at PAMM and Katsuya unveils Japanese-inspired mural by Jose Mertz
- NEWT Miami: Experiments in Light, Color & Sound debuts in November
- Accessible Art: A Benjamin Cañas show at New World Gallery and #Saveartspace announces open call
- Accessible Art: Advance tickets go on sale for Science Art Cinema: Fear and Philodendron opens at The Wolfsonian-FIU
- Accessible Art: Faena Art Open Call and new exhibits at Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
- Accessible Art: The Indestructible Lee Miller opens at NSU Art Museum and Bass Museum of Art launches bassX with Rachel Harrison