Accessible Art: Free concert by MISO in Collins Park this Sunday, the Lowe Art Museum honors Navajo art from its permanent collection, and Oxenberg Fine Art presents "Transitions"
Celebrate the Bass Museum of Art's 50th anniversary with conductor Eduardo Marturet on Sunday, Jan. 26 at 4 p.m. in South Beach
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Free concert at the Bass
The Miami Symphony Orchestra (MISO), with conductor Eduardo Marturet, celebrates the Bass Museum of Art’s 50th anniversary with a free concert in Collins Park on Sunday, Jan. 26 at 4 p.m. A picnic “bassket” contest will be judged by Louis Aguirre of WSVN’s Deco Drive, Jose Carlos Diaz, curator of the Bass, and Cathy Leff of the Wolfsonian-FIU. Valet parking is $15. Event is free and open to the public. Perrier will be provided for all guests. 2100 Collins Ave. (between 21st & 22nd St.), Miami Beach; bassmuseum.org or 305-673-7530.
Navajo art at the Lowe
“Finished in Beauty: Navajo Weaving from the Permanent Collection” opens at the Lowe Art Museum in Coral Gables Friday, Jan. 24 with 19 examples of blankets from three categories, including the chief blanket, women’s garments, and the sarape. Members’ preview with lecture by Bill Mercer, curator of the concurrent exhibition “Pueblo to Pueblo: The Legacy of Southwest Indian Pottery,” is at 7 p.m. at the Storer Auditorium, University of Miami School of Business, with a reception following at 8 p.m. at the Lowe. Lecture is free for members and University of Miami students; reception is free for members and $10 for non-members. On view until March 23. lowemuseum.org or 305-284-3535.
New exhibit in Wynwood
Oxenberg Fine Art in Wynwood presents “Transitions,” a traveling exhibition with paintings and photography by Victor Matthews and Paolo Nicola Rossini, previously on display at La Biennale di Venezia and the Boca Museum of Art. Exhibition is on view until Feb. 28 at 450 NE 29th St., Miami; oxenbergart.com or 305-854-7104.
- Paint-by-Number: How Miami artist Magnus Sodamin created 'Infinity Split'
- Wynwood Life: Art, Food, Fashion, Music
- Accessible Art: Nicolas Lobo's The Leisure Pit opens at PAMM and Cuban artist Sandra Ramos exhibits at Tub Gallery
- Accessible Art: John Sanchez and Jean-Paul Mallozzi unveil show in Hallandale Beach and Fashion Project FP01 opens experimental pop-up at Bal Harbour Shops
- Could Miami become a buoyant city after all?
- Venezuelan pop artist Fer Sucre brings his colorful work to Wynwood
- Art Review: Vik Muniz's Poetics of Perception at the Lowe Art Museum
- Accessible Art: artist Joana Fischer explores overconsumption at the Bakehouse Art Complex and Deering Estate hosts Festival of the Arts
- Accessible Art: Jewish Museum of Florida celebrates 20 years with new exhibition and ArtServe presents 'Art = Antidote to Hate' in Fort Lauderdale
- Learn how to sketch at The Wolfsonian-FIU museum in South Beach