Accessible Art: Craig Robins reveals personal art collection to PAMM Contemporaries and the Downtown Hollywood Mural Project commissions Miami artist Krave
A weekly guide to Miami's art scene.
New mural by Krave
The Downtown Hollywood Mural Project selected Miami artist Daniel Fila (aka Krave) to paint the next mural in the city’s historic business district as part of a placemaking effort. Krave, who’s created dozens of large-format outdoor paintings locally and abroad, is on track to transform the wall of Budowsky & Budowsky, 201 S 21st Ave., by the end of the month.
Arts Encounters in South Beach
Join Arts Encounters 10 a.m. Thursday, July 10 for tours of the Cricket Taplin Collection at the Sagamore, 1671 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, as well as “Gravity and Grace: Monumental Works by El Anatsui,” and “Vanitas: Fashion and Art,” both at the Bass Museum. $35 ticket includes guided tours and admission. Lunch and parking are separate. RSVP to Margery Gordon: 305-989-0027 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wynwood Art Crawl
The Association of Fundraising Professionals is hosting the “Wynwood Art Crawl,” a networking event for philanthropic fundraisers at the Bakehouse Art Complex, 561 NW 32nd St., Miami, 6 – 8 p.m. Thursday, July 10. Entry is free for AFP members, $15 in advance, or $25 at the door. RSVP: afpmiami.org.
Pérez Art Museum Miami welcomes new PAMM Contemporaries members to the annual “Friendraiser” at the Dacra headquarters in the Miami Design District 6:30 – 9:30 Saturday, July 12 (arrival instructions given upon reservation confirmation). Guests can tour The Craig Robins Collection of leading contemporary artists and designers such as John Baldessari, Richard Tuttle, and Paul McCarthy, Jean Prouvé, Ron Arad and Maarten Baas, while enjoying music by Legs Benedict, Grey Goose Melon cocktails, Peroni beer, and canapés by chef Michael Schwartz’s The Cypress Room. Immediately following the party, The Cypress Room, 3620 NE 2nd Ave., will serve one complimentary barrel-aged cocktail per person and Bardot, 3456 N. Miami Ave., is offering free entry. By invitation only to new and renewed PAMM Contemporaries members. Annual membership is $200 for an individual and $300 for a couple. Space is limited and a RSVP is required: pamm.org/contemporaries or email@example.com.
NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale, 1 E. Las Olas Blvd., presents “The Miami Generation: Revisited” Saturday, July 12 with a roundtable discussion at 5:30 p.m., which features six of nine exhibition artists who are part of an influential group of first generation Cuban exiles in the U.S., including Mario Bencomo, Maria Brito, Humberto Calzada, Pablo Cano, Emilio Falero, and Cesar Trasobares. A reception hosted by WSVN 7 News anchor Belkys Nerey follows from 7 – 9 p.m. Admission is $15 (free for members, NSU faculty, students and staff). RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-262-0221. Exhibition is on view through Sept. 21.
Under the sea
Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum host “Under the Sea,” a collection of 26 images from this year's Underwater Photography Contest presented by the University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science’s Underwater Photography Contest. On view through Aug. exclusively from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Saturday – Sunday. 3280 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-646-4200 or miamisci.org.
- Accessible Art: The Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU seeks nominees for Breaking the Glass Ceiling Awards and Yo Miami presents "Body & Soul"
- Accessible Art: Nari Ward retrospective opens at PAMM and The Art and Culture Center of Hollywood unveils five new exhibits
- Accessible Art: DCOTA in Dania Beach hosts interior design expo and ArtSpace/Virginia Miller Galleries celebrates 42nd season
- Accessible Art: The Art of Transformation kicks off in Opa-locka and Winter Park's Art on the Green spotlights seven Miami artists
- Accessible Art: A sleepover at PAMM and Katsuya unveils Japanese-inspired mural by Jose Mertz
- NEWT Miami: Experiments in Light, Color & Sound debuts in November
- Accessible Art: A Benjamin Cañas show at New World Gallery and #Saveartspace announces open call
- Accessible Art: Advance tickets go on sale for Science Art Cinema: Fear and Philodendron opens at The Wolfsonian-FIU
- Accessible Art: Faena Art Open Call and new exhibits at Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
- Accessible Art: The Indestructible Lee Miller opens at NSU Art Museum and Bass Museum of Art launches bassX with Rachel Harrison