Accessible Art: Craig Robins hosts opening of new Design District gallery, Collector Martin Margulies gets personal, and Brazilian art hits Basel
Daniel Maman Gallery Opens in the Design District, NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale hosts Marty Margulies, and a pre-Basel show at Conrad Miami
Accessible Art: new weekly guide to Miami's art scene
New Gallery in Design District
Argentine gallerist and collector Daniel Maman of Maman Fine Art will open his first U.S. location in the Design District with a special reception hosted by Craig Robins of DACRA, Tuesday from 7 – 9 p.m. 3930 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; mamanfineart.com. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New at Miami Beach Urban Studios
PechaKucha Night hosts WOMEN我們 at Miami Beach Urban Studios, 420 Lincoln Rd., Wednesday from 6 – 9 p.m. The exhibition and special program 20 slides x 20 seconds explore feminism and queer themes in contemporary Chinese art. Presenters include: Alpesh Kantilal Patel, curator; Neil De La Flor, Reading Queer; and, Emery Grant, Stonewall National Museum and Archives. RSVP: email@example.com. pechakucha.org.
Talk with Marty Margulies
Martin Z. Margulies will share his experiences as a leading art collector at the NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale, 1 East Las Olas Blvd.; Thursday at 6:30 p.m. Margulies is consistently named to lists such as the ARTnews 200 Top Collectors and is one of the top 25 photography collectors in the world. Special event is free with paid admission to museum. Seating is limited. RSVP by calling 954-262-0241. moafl.org.
Unix Gallery at the Conrad
The Conrad Miami reveals Echoes of Tomorrow, a pre-Basel exhibition on Friday from 5 – 9 p.m. in collaboration with Wynwood’s Unix Gallery. Curated by Marcy Lefton. Features works by six international artists: A.B. Holmes, Alexi Torres, Desire Obtain Cherish, Ingrid Dee Magidson, Peter Anton and Williams Carmona. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org. 1395 Brickell Ave., 25th floor; Miami. Cocktail attire required.
Watch MOCA's Collector to Collector
The Museum of Contemporary Art’s Collector to Collector: Conversations at MOCA two-part TV program will air in full Sunday, Nov. 24 at 4 p.m. on WPBT Channel 2. Former director Bonnie Clearwater interviews eight prominent art collectors – Rosalind Jacobs, Boris Hirmas, Irma Braman, Martin Margulies – about their experiences with art and the future of Miami’s cultural landscape. Episode 2 airs by itself on Tuesday, Nov. 19 at 7:30 p.m. mocanomi.org.
Brazilian art at Basel
Brazil Art Fair, the first fair dedicated to Brazilian contemporary art and design, comes to Miami for Art Basel from Dec. 4 – 8. The 25,000-square-foot space in Midtown will show work from 15 Brazilian art galleries, more than 100 artists, and furniture by 18 of Brazil’s leading design studios. The pavilion features an inflatable entrance created by Marton Estudio to resemble the architecture of Brasilia, the country’s capital. Tickets $15; $10 for students and seniors. brazilartfair.com.
See and Do
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
- Raw intimacy in Carlota Pradera’s ‘Bare Bones’ at the Miami Theater Center
- Miami choreographer Rosie Herrera turns life in a Cuban cabaret to art for ‘Show.Girl.’ with Ballet Hispanico
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 10 features you won’t want to miss
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
- LA artist Kenton Parker elevates the 'selfie' with solo exhibition at Primary Projects for Art Basel
- Big brands descend on Miami Art Week to expose emerging artists to the public
- Accessible Art: Fort Lauderdale art exhibit spotlights 10 female artists, CIFO teams up with Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and MOCA on WPBT Ch. 2
- More gifts pour in as Pérez Art Museum Miami prepares to open