Accessible Art: Contemporary art gallery opens in Hallandale Beach, Miami Dade College Museum of Art + Design’s expansive permanent collection is on display, and William Glackens in Fort Lauderdale
Dorian Vallejo’s “Dream within a Dream”opens at Sirona Fine Art, Kandinsky, Matisse, and Chagall at the Freedom Tower, and the NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale unveils “William Glackens"
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
New gallery in Hallandale Beach
Sirona Fine Art is the newest gallery to open in Hallandale Beach with a focus on contemporary representational art. Dorian Vallejo’s “Dream within a Dream” exhibition opens Saturday, March 1 with a special reception to celebrate his ethereal drawings and oil paintings. 6 – 9 p.m. RSVP required: info@sironafineart. 600 Silks Run, #1240, Hallandale Beach; sironafineart.com or 954-454-9494. On view until March 27.
Laid-back art in the Grove
The 16th annual Gifford Lane Art Stroll is Sunday, March 2 from noon to 5 p.m. in Coconut Grove. More than 63 artists will show their work on fences, in front yards, on clothes lines and on branches of the trees that line Gifford Lane, between Oak and Day Ave at the 3200 block. Live music by Solar Dogs. Free admission, food and drinks. email@example.com or facebook.com/GiffordLaneArtStroll.
The Influencers at MDC
Prominent works from the Miami Dade College Museum of Art + Design’s expansive permanent collection are on display at the Freedom Tower (600 Biscayne Blvd., Miami) Wednesday through Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. until July 12. “The Influencers I” is part one of a two-part exhibition highlighting famous pieces by Benjamin West, Francisco Jose de Goya y Lucientes, Wassily Kandinsky, Henri Matisse, and Marc Chagall. Free. mdcmoad.org or 305-237-7700.
William Glackens in Fort Lauderdale
The NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale recently unveiled “William Glackens,” the first comprehensive exhibition since 1966 of this key American artist. The show spans the artist’s career, with works from the mid-1890s to the late 1930s. Organized and presented in collaboration with the Parrish Art Museum and the Barnes Foundation, where it will also travel. 1 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; moafl.org or 954-525-5500.
- Accessible Art: Miami's own Jillian Mayer to exhibit at La Biennale de Montréal and Cannonball announces open call for local residency program
- Gapingvoid: an art business with a purpose
- Preservationists: Bay Harbor Islands' MiMo architecture in ‘danger'
- Accessible Art: São Paulo-based artist Laura Vinci unveils “Untitled" and The Museum of Discovery and Science and the Stranahan House present “The Great South Florida History Mystery Weekend”
- Accessible Art: Craig Robins reveals personal art collection to PAMM Contemporaries and the Downtown Hollywood Mural Project commissions Miami artist Krave
- ArtCenter/South Florida announced plans to sell one of its Lincoln Road sites
- Muse of the Month: Artist Gustavo Oviedo
- Accessible Art: Provocative paintings by Hernan Bas at the de la Cruz Collection and "Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case" plays at O Cinema Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Jeffrey Noble unveils new paintings at Butter Gallery and the YoungArts Salon Series hosts Justin Peck and Sufjan Stevens
- Miami’s YoungArts Foundation launches a visual arts residency program with artist Suzanne McClelland