Accessible Art: Contemporary art gallery opens in Hallandale Beach, Miami Dade College Museum of Art + Design’s expansive permanent collection is on display, and William Glackens in Fort Lauderdale
Dorian Vallejo’s “Dream within a Dream”opens at Sirona Fine Art, Kandinsky, Matisse, and Chagall at the Freedom Tower, and the NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale unveils “William Glackens"
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
New gallery in Hallandale Beach
Sirona Fine Art is the newest gallery to open in Hallandale Beach with a focus on contemporary representational art. Dorian Vallejo’s “Dream within a Dream” exhibition opens Saturday, March 1 with a special reception to celebrate his ethereal drawings and oil paintings. 6 – 9 p.m. RSVP required: info@sironafineart. 600 Silks Run, #1240, Hallandale Beach; sironafineart.com or 954-454-9494. On view until March 27.
Laid-back art in the Grove
The 16th annual Gifford Lane Art Stroll is Sunday, March 2 from noon to 5 p.m. in Coconut Grove. More than 63 artists will show their work on fences, in front yards, on clothes lines and on branches of the trees that line Gifford Lane, between Oak and Day Ave at the 3200 block. Live music by Solar Dogs. Free admission, food and drinks. email@example.com or facebook.com/GiffordLaneArtStroll.
The Influencers at MDC
Prominent works from the Miami Dade College Museum of Art + Design’s expansive permanent collection are on display at the Freedom Tower (600 Biscayne Blvd., Miami) Wednesday through Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. until July 12. “The Influencers I” is part one of a two-part exhibition highlighting famous pieces by Benjamin West, Francisco Jose de Goya y Lucientes, Wassily Kandinsky, Henri Matisse, and Marc Chagall. Free. mdcmoad.org or 305-237-7700.
William Glackens in Fort Lauderdale
The NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale recently unveiled “William Glackens,” the first comprehensive exhibition since 1966 of this key American artist. The show spans the artist’s career, with works from the mid-1890s to the late 1930s. Organized and presented in collaboration with the Parrish Art Museum and the Barnes Foundation, where it will also travel. 1 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; moafl.org or 954-525-5500.
- How the Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami (MOCA) helped bring worldwide attention to the Miami art scene
- Accessible Art: Miami artist Alexander Mijares collaborates with Capretto in South Miami and a call-to-action from the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science
- Iconic MiMo gem Vagabond on Biscayne Boulevard reopens after extensive makeover
- Accessible Art: Coral Gables Museum explores bizarre botany with local artists and PAMM unveils site-specific installation by Leonor Antunes
- Accessible Art: Educational seminars for artists, build your own digital art collection, and photography with Steven Brooke
- MOCA to close and move to new space as the 'Institute of Contemporary Art'
- Accessible Art: 'American Sabor' exhibit opens at HistoryMiami and Pérez Art Museum Miami presents Adler Guerrier
- Accessible Art: New York-based curator Thomas J. Lax unveils new show at Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale and FEAST Miami pops up at Emerson Dorsch Gallery for local art projects
- Accessible Art: Miami's own Jillian Mayer to exhibit at La Biennale de Montréal and Cannonball announces open call for local residency program
- Gapingvoid: an art business with a purpose