Accessible Art: Contemporary art gallery opens in Hallandale Beach, Miami Dade College Museum of Art + Design’s expansive permanent collection is on display, and William Glackens in Fort Lauderdale
Dorian Vallejo’s “Dream within a Dream”opens at Sirona Fine Art, Kandinsky, Matisse, and Chagall at the Freedom Tower, and the NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale unveils “William Glackens"
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
New gallery in Hallandale Beach
Sirona Fine Art is the newest gallery to open in Hallandale Beach with a focus on contemporary representational art. Dorian Vallejo’s “Dream within a Dream” exhibition opens Saturday, March 1 with a special reception to celebrate his ethereal drawings and oil paintings. 6 – 9 p.m. RSVP required: info@sironafineart. 600 Silks Run, #1240, Hallandale Beach; sironafineart.com or 954-454-9494. On view until March 27.
Laid-back art in the Grove
The 16th annual Gifford Lane Art Stroll is Sunday, March 2 from noon to 5 p.m. in Coconut Grove. More than 63 artists will show their work on fences, in front yards, on clothes lines and on branches of the trees that line Gifford Lane, between Oak and Day Ave at the 3200 block. Live music by Solar Dogs. Free admission, food and drinks. email@example.com or facebook.com/GiffordLaneArtStroll.
The Influencers at MDC
Prominent works from the Miami Dade College Museum of Art + Design’s expansive permanent collection are on display at the Freedom Tower (600 Biscayne Blvd., Miami) Wednesday through Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. until July 12. “The Influencers I” is part one of a two-part exhibition highlighting famous pieces by Benjamin West, Francisco Jose de Goya y Lucientes, Wassily Kandinsky, Henri Matisse, and Marc Chagall. Free. mdcmoad.org or 305-237-7700.
William Glackens in Fort Lauderdale
The NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale recently unveiled “William Glackens,” the first comprehensive exhibition since 1966 of this key American artist. The show spans the artist’s career, with works from the mid-1890s to the late 1930s. Organized and presented in collaboration with the Parrish Art Museum and the Barnes Foundation, where it will also travel. 1 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; moafl.org or 954-525-5500.
- Accessible Art: Tickets for YoungArts Week and Tea and Art History at NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale
- Accessible Art: Compelling new works at Emerson Dorsch Gallery and Broward Cultural Division’s major call to artists
- For art aficionados, a new Wynwood emerges to the north
- Accessible Art: Ruth and Marvin Sackner awarded Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and Jorge Blanco exhibits at O. Ascanio Gallery in Wynwood
- Artist Daniel Arsham predicts the future at Locust Projects
- Accessible Art: Meetinghouse gallery opens downtown, Curators come together at the Bass Museum, and Seth Browarnik's photography reveals the art of rum-making
- Rediscover 'The Lost Art of Letter Writing' at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Accessible Art: The Scholl Lecture Series at PAMM welcomes NY artist Gary Simmons and an 'Urban MATERs' anti-gala fundraiser pops up in Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Prominent collector Martin Z. Margulies shares photography archives at NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale and Sebastiao Salgado tackles preservation at Dina Mitrani Gallery in Wynwood
- Buying art is just the first step. You have to make it last.