Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
Multitudes Contemporary Art Gallery shows Jean Claude Legagneur's "Caribbean Fantastic," Locust Projects receives NEA Art Works grant, and travel to Colombia with MOCA members
Accessible Art: new weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Multitudes Contemporary Art Gallery, 5570 NE 4th Ave., Miami, is showing the exhibition “Caribbean Fantastic” to explore the African diaspora with the work of Haitian artist Jean Claude Legagneur. On view through Jan. 2. 954-338-8670 or 786-597-3042.
NEA supports Locust
Locust Projects, a non-profit exhibition space in the Design District, was selected to receive a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) for the first time to support its 2014 Exhibition Series. Locust is one of 895 organizations nationwide to receive a NEA Art Works grant, which supports art programs that encourage public engagement, lifelong learning, and the enhancement of communities through the arts. locustprojects.org.
The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) invites members of the leadership circle and and above to travel with Interim Director and Chief Curator Alex Gartenfeld to Cartagena, Colombia for a visit to the Museum of Modern Art’s Jim Amaral exhibition, behind-the-scenes tours of public collections, local studio visits, and a reception in the private home of a collector. For membership and to RSVP for “MOCA Travel A La Carte,” email Channing Norton email@example.com, or 305-893-6211; mocanomi.org.
Design to come
The Miami chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) has honored Miami-based R&R Studios with the 2013 Award of Excellence for Unbuilt Design for the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expansion project.
- Accessible Art: Role Play by Steven Meisel in the Design District and Christina West exhibits at Mindy Solomon Gallery
- Accessible Art: Fashion Project focuses on next phase at Bal Harbour Shops and a Purvis Young show opens in Kendall
- Accessible Art: Hialeah unveils new arts district and New World School of the Arts spotlights graduating class
- How to enjoy Maison & Objet if you're not a design professional
- Accessible Art: Henrietta Harris exhibits at Robert Fontaine Gallery and ICA, Miami unveils Guccivuitton group show
- Accessible Art: Be a part of Broward's Inside Out Project and see Scandinavian design in South Miami
- Accessible Art: Prized Picasso pieces on display at NSU Art Museum and Bass Museum of Art announces temporary closure
- Paint-by-Number: How Miami artist Magnus Sodamin created 'Infinity Split'
- Wynwood Life: Art, Food, Fashion, Music
- Accessible Art: Nicolas Lobo's The Leisure Pit opens at PAMM and Cuban artist Sandra Ramos exhibits at Tub Gallery