Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
Multitudes Contemporary Art Gallery shows Jean Claude Legagneur's "Caribbean Fantastic," Locust Projects receives NEA Art Works grant, and travel to Colombia with MOCA members
Accessible Art: new weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Multitudes Contemporary Art Gallery, 5570 NE 4th Ave., Miami, is showing the exhibition “Caribbean Fantastic” to explore the African diaspora with the work of Haitian artist Jean Claude Legagneur. On view through Jan. 2. 954-338-8670 or 786-597-3042.
NEA supports Locust
Locust Projects, a non-profit exhibition space in the Design District, was selected to receive a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) for the first time to support its 2014 Exhibition Series. Locust is one of 895 organizations nationwide to receive a NEA Art Works grant, which supports art programs that encourage public engagement, lifelong learning, and the enhancement of communities through the arts. locustprojects.org.
The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) invites members of the leadership circle and and above to travel with Interim Director and Chief Curator Alex Gartenfeld to Cartagena, Colombia for a visit to the Museum of Modern Art’s Jim Amaral exhibition, behind-the-scenes tours of public collections, local studio visits, and a reception in the private home of a collector. For membership and to RSVP for “MOCA Travel A La Carte,” email Channing Norton firstname.lastname@example.org, or 305-893-6211; mocanomi.org.
Design to come
The Miami chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) has honored Miami-based R&R Studios with the 2013 Award of Excellence for Unbuilt Design for the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expansion project.
- Accessible Art: The MDC Museum of Art + Design unveils Recent Acquisitions + Highlights and The Norton reflects on the Black Panthers
- Artists and writers collaborate to honor history of downtown Miami
- Accessible Art: Beck's Urban Canvas launches in Miami and ICA presents 'Who's Afraid of the Art Market?'
- Accessible Art: 'Recently Acquired' at the Bakehouse Art Complex and ArtCenter/South Florida accepts new residency applications
- Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science Explores the Intersection of Art and Science with Curious Vault Collaborations 002 on July 14
- Accessible Art: Pembroke Pines presents 'Caribbean Life' and local artist Pepe Calderin at The Cornell Museum of Art and American Culture
- Accessible Art: The Cultivist launches a global arts club and Cara Despain exhibits at the Bakehouse Art Complex
- Accessible Art: River of Art in Opa-locka and NPR's Neda Ulaby speaks at ArtServe
- Purvis Young collection gifted to The Black Archives in Overtown
- Inside|Out placemaking program takes art to the streets in Miami