Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
Multitudes Contemporary Art Gallery shows Jean Claude Legagneur's "Caribbean Fantastic," Locust Projects receives NEA Art Works grant, and travel to Colombia with MOCA members
Accessible Art: new weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Multitudes Contemporary Art Gallery, 5570 NE 4th Ave., Miami, is showing the exhibition “Caribbean Fantastic” to explore the African diaspora with the work of Haitian artist Jean Claude Legagneur. On view through Jan. 2. 954-338-8670 or 786-597-3042.
NEA supports Locust
Locust Projects, a non-profit exhibition space in the Design District, was selected to receive a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) for the first time to support its 2014 Exhibition Series. Locust is one of 895 organizations nationwide to receive a NEA Art Works grant, which supports art programs that encourage public engagement, lifelong learning, and the enhancement of communities through the arts. locustprojects.org.
The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) invites members of the leadership circle and and above to travel with Interim Director and Chief Curator Alex Gartenfeld to Cartagena, Colombia for a visit to the Museum of Modern Art’s Jim Amaral exhibition, behind-the-scenes tours of public collections, local studio visits, and a reception in the private home of a collector. For membership and to RSVP for “MOCA Travel A La Carte,” email Channing Norton firstname.lastname@example.org, or 305-893-6211; mocanomi.org.
Design to come
The Miami chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) has honored Miami-based R&R Studios with the 2013 Award of Excellence for Unbuilt Design for the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expansion project.
- MOCA Reopens on Thursday
- Accessible Art: Artists wanted for Faena Prize for the Arts and FAU presents “Common Ground: Artists in the Everglades”
- Accessible Art: Miami artist Santiago Rubino's solo show at Spinello Projects and Support-A-Scholar Celebration at Wynwood Walls this Saturday
- DWNTWN Art Days promotes arts and culture in Miami this weekend
- Accessible Art: The Bakehouse Art Complex honors local cultural leaders and Product/81 Gallery presents a solo show by street artist Jaz
- Reflections on Hurricane Andrew at 'The Big One: Photographs by Barry Fellman'
- Muse of the Month: Artist Carlos Martiel
- Accessible Art: Autumn Casey's solo show opens at Primary Projects and Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation (CIFO) ushers in international artists
- How the Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami (MOCA) helped bring worldwide attention to the Miami art scene
- Accessible Art: Miami artist Alexander Mijares collaborates with Capretto in South Miami and a call-to-action from the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science