Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
Multitudes Contemporary Art Gallery shows Jean Claude Legagneur's "Caribbean Fantastic," Locust Projects receives NEA Art Works grant, and travel to Colombia with MOCA members
Accessible Art: new weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Multitudes Contemporary Art Gallery, 5570 NE 4th Ave., Miami, is showing the exhibition “Caribbean Fantastic” to explore the African diaspora with the work of Haitian artist Jean Claude Legagneur. On view through Jan. 2. 954-338-8670 or 786-597-3042.
NEA supports Locust
Locust Projects, a non-profit exhibition space in the Design District, was selected to receive a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) for the first time to support its 2014 Exhibition Series. Locust is one of 895 organizations nationwide to receive a NEA Art Works grant, which supports art programs that encourage public engagement, lifelong learning, and the enhancement of communities through the arts. locustprojects.org.
The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) invites members of the leadership circle and and above to travel with Interim Director and Chief Curator Alex Gartenfeld to Cartagena, Colombia for a visit to the Museum of Modern Art’s Jim Amaral exhibition, behind-the-scenes tours of public collections, local studio visits, and a reception in the private home of a collector. For membership and to RSVP for “MOCA Travel A La Carte,” email Channing Norton email@example.com, or 305-893-6211; mocanomi.org.
Design to come
The Miami chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) has honored Miami-based R&R Studios with the 2013 Award of Excellence for Unbuilt Design for the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expansion project.
- Accessible Art: Tickets for YoungArts Week and Tea and Art History at NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale
- Accessible Art: Compelling new works at Emerson Dorsch Gallery and Broward Cultural Division’s major call to artists
- For art aficionados, a new Wynwood emerges to the north
- Accessible Art: Ruth and Marvin Sackner awarded Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and Jorge Blanco exhibits at O. Ascanio Gallery in Wynwood
- Artist Daniel Arsham predicts the future at Locust Projects
- Accessible Art: Meetinghouse gallery opens downtown, Curators come together at the Bass Museum, and Seth Browarnik's photography reveals the art of rum-making
- Rediscover 'The Lost Art of Letter Writing' at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Accessible Art: The Scholl Lecture Series at PAMM welcomes NY artist Gary Simmons and an 'Urban MATERs' anti-gala fundraiser pops up in Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Prominent collector Martin Z. Margulies shares photography archives at NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale and Sebastiao Salgado tackles preservation at Dina Mitrani Gallery in Wynwood
- Buying art is just the first step. You have to make it last.