Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
Multitudes Contemporary Art Gallery shows Jean Claude Legagneur's "Caribbean Fantastic," Locust Projects receives NEA Art Works grant, and travel to Colombia with MOCA members
Accessible Art: new weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Multitudes Contemporary Art Gallery, 5570 NE 4th Ave., Miami, is showing the exhibition “Caribbean Fantastic” to explore the African diaspora with the work of Haitian artist Jean Claude Legagneur. On view through Jan. 2. 954-338-8670 or 786-597-3042.
NEA supports Locust
Locust Projects, a non-profit exhibition space in the Design District, was selected to receive a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) for the first time to support its 2014 Exhibition Series. Locust is one of 895 organizations nationwide to receive a NEA Art Works grant, which supports art programs that encourage public engagement, lifelong learning, and the enhancement of communities through the arts. locustprojects.org.
The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) invites members of the leadership circle and and above to travel with Interim Director and Chief Curator Alex Gartenfeld to Cartagena, Colombia for a visit to the Museum of Modern Art’s Jim Amaral exhibition, behind-the-scenes tours of public collections, local studio visits, and a reception in the private home of a collector. For membership and to RSVP for “MOCA Travel A La Carte,” email Channing Norton email@example.com, or 305-893-6211; mocanomi.org.
Design to come
The Miami chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) has honored Miami-based R&R Studios with the 2013 Award of Excellence for Unbuilt Design for the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expansion project.
- Accessible Art: Coral Gables Museum explores bizarre botany with local artists and PAMM unveils site-specific installation by Leonor Antunes
- Accessible Art: Educational seminars for artists, build your own digital art collection, and photography with Steven Brooke
- MOCA to close and move to new space as the 'Institute of Contemporary Art'
- Accessible Art: 'American Sabor' exhibit opens at HistoryMiami and Pérez Art Museum Miami presents Adler Guerrier
- Accessible Art: New York-based curator Thomas J. Lax unveils new show at Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale and FEAST Miami pops up at Emerson Dorsch Gallery for local art projects
- Accessible Art: Miami's own Jillian Mayer to exhibit at La Biennale de Montréal and Cannonball announces open call for local residency program
- Gapingvoid: an art business with a purpose
- Preservationists: Bay Harbor Islands' MiMo architecture in ‘danger'
- Accessible Art: São Paulo-based artist Laura Vinci unveils “Untitled" and The Museum of Discovery and Science and the Stranahan House present “The Great South Florida History Mystery Weekend”
- Accessible Art: Craig Robins reveals personal art collection to PAMM Contemporaries and the Downtown Hollywood Mural Project commissions Miami artist Krave