Accessible Art: Author Beth Dunlop surveys 21st century Miami architecture, take a private tour of Tracey Emin's exhibit at MOCA followed by a street art expedition with Brandon Opalka, and famous graffiti artists show in Wynwood
Expert analysis of development in Miami at the Coral Gables Museum, private tours at MOCA and on the streets of Wynwood, and see Maya Hayuk's work at Robert Fontaine Gallery
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Architectural critic and author Beth Dunlop unveils “Marking the Millennium: 21st Century Miami Architecture,” Thursday, March 6 at the Coral Gables Museum (285 Aragon Ave.). The exhibit explores the time when Miami was second only to Dubai in the number of construction cranes on the horizon along with recent development. VIP and members reception at 6pm, followed by First Friday Gallery Night on Friday, March 7. coralgablesmuseum.org or 305-603-8067.
Tour Wynwood with Brandon Opalka
Take a private tour of "Tracey Emin: Angel without You" at the Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami, Thursday, March 6 at 4 p.m., followed by a free bus ride to Wynwood to see the neighborhood’s murals with local street artist Brandon Opalka. Free for college students with ID and MOCA members. General admission is $10. 775 NE 125th St., North Miami; mocanomi.org or 305-893-6211.
The NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale presents a lecture by art historian Barbara Buhler Lynes, PhD, Saturday, March 8 at 3 p.m. in conjunction with its current exhibition, William Glackens. The talk, “Desiring an American Modernism: Glackens, The Eight, and the Stieglitz Circle,” is $10 and includes museum admission. 1 East Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; email@example.com or 954-262-0227.
Group Street Art Exhibit
Robert Fontaine Gallery presents “Insiders,” a survey of works by leading street artists including Banksy, Shepard Fairy, Anthony Lister, RYCA, Maya Hayuk, Retna, and Space Invader. Opening reception, Saturday, March 8 from 6 – 10 p.m. On view through March 28. 2349 NW 2nd Ave., Miami; robertfontainegallery.com or 305-397-8530.
- Accessible Art: The Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU seeks nominees for Breaking the Glass Ceiling Awards and Yo Miami presents "Body & Soul"
- Accessible Art: Nari Ward retrospective opens at PAMM and The Art and Culture Center of Hollywood unveils five new exhibits
- Accessible Art: DCOTA in Dania Beach hosts interior design expo and ArtSpace/Virginia Miller Galleries celebrates 42nd season
- Accessible Art: The Art of Transformation kicks off in Opa-locka and Winter Park's Art on the Green spotlights seven Miami artists
- Accessible Art: A sleepover at PAMM and Katsuya unveils Japanese-inspired mural by Jose Mertz
- NEWT Miami: Experiments in Light, Color & Sound debuts in November
- Accessible Art: A Benjamin Cañas show at New World Gallery and #Saveartspace announces open call
- Accessible Art: Advance tickets go on sale for Science Art Cinema: Fear and Philodendron opens at The Wolfsonian-FIU
- Accessible Art: Faena Art Open Call and new exhibits at Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
- Accessible Art: The Indestructible Lee Miller opens at NSU Art Museum and Bass Museum of Art launches bassX with Rachel Harrison