Accessible Art: Author Beth Dunlop surveys 21st century Miami architecture, take a private tour of Tracey Emin's exhibit at MOCA followed by a street art expedition with Brandon Opalka, and famous graffiti artists show in Wynwood
Expert analysis of development in Miami at the Coral Gables Museum, private tours at MOCA and on the streets of Wynwood, and see Maya Hayuk's work at Robert Fontaine Gallery
Accessible Art: a weekly guide to Miami's art scene
Architectural critic and author Beth Dunlop unveils “Marking the Millennium: 21st Century Miami Architecture,” Thursday, March 6 at the Coral Gables Museum (285 Aragon Ave.). The exhibit explores the time when Miami was second only to Dubai in the number of construction cranes on the horizon along with recent development. VIP and members reception at 6pm, followed by First Friday Gallery Night on Friday, March 7. coralgablesmuseum.org or 305-603-8067.
Tour Wynwood with Brandon Opalka
Take a private tour of "Tracey Emin: Angel without You" at the Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami, Thursday, March 6 at 4 p.m., followed by a free bus ride to Wynwood to see the neighborhood’s murals with local street artist Brandon Opalka. Free for college students with ID and MOCA members. General admission is $10. 775 NE 125th St., North Miami; mocanomi.org or 305-893-6211.
The NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale presents a lecture by art historian Barbara Buhler Lynes, PhD, Saturday, March 8 at 3 p.m. in conjunction with its current exhibition, William Glackens. The talk, “Desiring an American Modernism: Glackens, The Eight, and the Stieglitz Circle,” is $10 and includes museum admission. 1 East Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-262-0227.
Group Street Art Exhibit
Robert Fontaine Gallery presents “Insiders,” a survey of works by leading street artists including Banksy, Shepard Fairy, Anthony Lister, RYCA, Maya Hayuk, Retna, and Space Invader. Opening reception, Saturday, March 8 from 6 – 10 p.m. On view through March 28. 2349 NW 2nd Ave., Miami; robertfontainegallery.com or 305-397-8530.
- Accessible Art: Advance tickets go on sale for Science Art Cinema: Fear and Philodendron opens at The Wolfsonian-FIU
- Accessible Art: Faena Art Open Call and new exhibits at Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
- Accessible Art: The Indestructible Lee Miller opens at NSU Art Museum and Bass Museum of Art launches bassX with Rachel Harrison
- Accessible Art: AIRIE raises funds for Wild Billboards and Cesar Santos unveils new works in Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Ruben Ubiera completes new mural for Broward County’s VisualEYES and Gallery Diet announces move out of Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Fontainebleau Miami Beach unveils The Frank Sinatra Photo Gallery and photographer Cendino Temé's work is on view at the Black Archives
- Accessible Art: Collabo5 at the Bakehouse Art Complex in Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Bass Museum of Art offers free classes and DEMI's work is on view at Miami International Airport
- Accessible Art: Carlos Betancourt and Alberto Latorre build a sculpture for the new Animal Services Adoption Center and PAMM opens an aviary
- Accessible Art: The Miami Home Design and Remodeling Show announces ambassador artists and Art Basel launches revamped website