Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
See creations made and worn by Frida Kahlo and original pieces by Alexander McQueen at the Arsht, submit photography to win prime real estate on Lincoln Road, and venture into interwar Rome
Fashion as Art at the Arsht
As part of The Art of Fashion Show™ 2013 program, Artsy Productions USA presents “The Iconic Archive” costume exhibition exploring fashion as art at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts’ Peacock Foundation Studio. Thematic installations highlighting authentic creations created and worn by Frida Cahlo, Celia Cruz, and Libertad Lamarque, will be displayed along with pieces by Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Christian Dior and Pucci. Monday, Dec. 2 – Saturday, Dec. 7, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Tickets are $25; $15 for students and seniors. arshtcenter.org/tickets.
Segafredo L’originale is accepting submissions from photographers for inclusion on textiles that will wrap the new lounge furniture at the Lincoln Road location. Requirements: Black and white photography with red accents and up to 10 300 DPI and RAW files for consideration. Submissions due Dec. 30 at noon. facebook.com/segafredoloriginale or sze-orginale.com.
The Wolfsonian-Florida International University presents Rebirth of Rome, a program of three exhibitions that examine the aesthetics of dictatorship in interwar Italy. More than 200 objects, public works, murals, architecture, design and decorative arts from the 1920s – 1930s will be on loan from founder Mitchell Wolfson, Jr. and Marcello Cambi and the Wolfsonia in Genoa through Spring 2014. 1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; wolfsonian.org or 305-531-1001.
Accessible Art: new weekly guide to Miami's art scene
See and Do
- Art Basel 2015 Sketch Book: 8 Artists to Watch
- Art Basel Weekend 2015: Events not to miss
- Bacardi and Swizz Beatz bring the baddest 3-day party to Art Basel 2015 with Alicia Keys and Wiz Khalifa
- Paint with a street artist, party with a rapper at the Basel House 2015 Miami.com Experience
- Edge Art Fair, a Burning Man inspired exhibit, debuts during Art Basel Week 2015
- Satellite Fairs during Art Basel Week 2015
- Basel bites: Where to eat during Miami Art Week
- Satellite fairs bring art beyond Art Basel
- A Curated Guide to Miami Art Week and Art Basel Miami Beach
- Art Basel Hotel Party Guide