Accessible Art: Fort Lauderdale art exhibit spotlights 10 female artists, CIFO teams up with Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and MOCA on WPBT Ch. 2
CIFO's major collaboration with MFA Boston opens for Art Basel, Michael Margulies bridges gap between Fort Lauderdale and Miami artists, and renowned collectors talk shop for MOCA
Accessible Art: a new weekly guide to Miami's art scene
MOCA on TV
The Museum of Contemporary Art’s Collector to Collector: Conversations at MOCA two-part TV program will air Sunday, Nov. 24 at 4 p.m. on WPBT Channel 2. Former director Bonnie Clearwater interviews eight prominent art collectors – Rosalind Jacobs, Boris Hirmas, Irma Braman, Martin Margulies – about their experiences with art and the future of Miami’s cultural landscape. mocanomi.org.
Local women exhibit in Fort Lauderdale
The Michael Margulies Artist Agency presents an exhibition to bridge the gap between the art communities of Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Local Crit is an analytical survey of the diverse work of prominent female artists such as Francie Bishop Good, Jen Stark, Carol Prusa, Jill Hotchkiss, Natalia Reparaz, Jessie Laino, Jessy Nite, Sheila Elias, Nicole Burko, and Mariana Monteagudo. Opening reception is Wednesday, Nov. 27 from 6 – 10 p.m. at Las Olas Riverfront, 300 SW 1st Ave., Fort Lauderdale (across from the NSU Museum of Art). Exhibit runs through Jan. 21. marguliesagency.com or 305-972-8962.
Julio Larraz in Miami
Ascaso Gallery presents Julio Larraz: Coming Home, the Cuban-born artist’s first Miami exhibition in 25 years. Opening reception is Saturday, Nov. 30 from 6 – 9 p.m. at 2441 NW 2nd Ave., Miami; ascasogallery.com or 305-571-9410. RSVP to email@example.com. On view through February.
Ramon Espantaleon’s American Signs solo exhibition closes this Saturday, Nov. 30 at Elite Fine Art Galleries in Wynwood, 46 NW 36th St., Miami. The Madrid-based artist’s work reinterprets the symbols of American culture such as the the dollar bill and the flag. elitefineartgalleries.com or 754-422-5942.
Latin American Art Collabo: CIFO + Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
CIFO Art Space hosts a collaboration between Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation and Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, premiering during Art Basel (Dec. 4 – 8) and then traveling in a smaller form to the MFA in March. Permission To Be Global/Practicas Globales: Latin American Art from the Ella Fontanals-Cisneros Collection features contemporary sculptures, paintings, photography, videos, installations, and performance art by 61 artists from 1960 to present. 1018 N. Miami Ave., Miami; cifo.org or 305-415-6343.
- Art work donated to FIU by Jorge Pérez may be forgery
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Cindy Crawford pays visit to Art Miami for debut of work in her likeness
- FAILE Brings Their Interactive Deluxx Fluxx Arcade Installation to South Beach
- De Nolet festival brings together performance art, music and Ketel One cocktails
- Wynwood-based Spinello Projects unveils exhibit in Art Basel's competitive Nova sector
- Miami muralist Krave leads team of artists to spotlight Wynwood Central during Art Basel
- KIND hosts community mural project
- Art Basel opens this week in an increasingly cultured city
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome