Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
The laid-back bar known for craft beers in South Beach's South of Fifth neighborhood is closing
The hyperlocal, late-night bar Abraxas Lounge is closing after seven years of doing business in South Beach's evolving South of Fifth neighborhood. A favorite for lounging with craft beers and board games will pour the last draft on New Year's Eve. Owner/manager Diego Escobar posted a letter to customers on the bar's Facebook page tonight saying that the building was recently sold and the new owners plan to build a boutique hotel.
Abraxas Lounge, 407 Meridian Ave., Miami Beach
- Gianni's at The Villa, Casa Casuarina, is an ode to Versace
- 5 places in Miami to celebrate National Tequila Day
- Have you discovered Miami's top 5 hidden bars yet?
- Could this be the best wine bar on Calle Ocho in Miami?
- 5 best ladies nights in Fort Lauderdale
- These are the best places for a fun ladies night on Miami Beach
- Where to order a $435 shot on National Scotch Day
- Where to get a 24-karat gold infused margarita on National Tequila Day
- Where to bar hop on Miami Beach without leaving the hotel
- 5 New Bars in Miami You Must Visit this Weekend