Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
The laid-back bar known for craft beers in South Beach's South of Fifth neighborhood is closing
The hyperlocal, late-night bar Abraxas Lounge is closing after seven years of doing business in South Beach's evolving South of Fifth neighborhood. A favorite for lounging with craft beers and board games will pour the last draft on New Year's Eve. Owner/manager Diego Escobar posted a letter to customers on the bar's Facebook page tonight saying that the building was recently sold and the new owners plan to build a boutique hotel.
Abraxas Lounge, 407 Meridian Ave., Miami Beach
- Where Little Italy meets the quirky Grove
- Is this Miami Beach's most luxurious lobby bar?
- A little bit of Wynwood in Fort Lauderdale?
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar
- Celebrate National Rum Day all month long at Repour Bar
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 5 cocktails to get you ready for National Melon Day
- Dolce Italian at the Gale South Beach brings Italian fare and flair
- Become an expert behind-the-bar at Regent Cocktail Club's mixology class
- Class up your party with a DIY Champagne Tower