A Toast to Carnaval
The Magic City celebrates Carnaval 2011
Angelique Euro Café
117 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables
Sushi Samba Dromo
600 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach
Carnaval hits the Magic City with these weekend events:
- Angelique Euro Café “let’s the good times roll” with Carnaval on the Mile Sat and Sunday (Mar 5-6). The restaurant is partying with special “Nawlins” recipes including shrimp, sausage and pepper po’ boys, crawfish etouffee and caramelized onion beef sliders. The bar is also pouring $3 drafts of the best of Belgium – Stella, Hoegarden, and Leffe - from 11am to close on Sat and Sunday. Come Fat Tuesday (Mar 8), Angelique is celebrating with live jazz and a special menu featuring shrimp bearnaise and court bouillon. Come dressed for dinner in gold, purple or greenadn sip a complimentary hurricane or abita Amber.
- STK Miami celebrates with a Mardi Gras themed bash Fat Tuesday (Mar 8). Enjoy beads, confetti, dancing, dinner and complimentary cocktails from 7-9pm. Dinner reservations begin at 8pm, all reservations will receive a complimentary bottle of Perrier Joulet champagne. Reserve at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sushi Samba Dromo celebrates with live performances, music, food, drink and a live broadcast of the festivities in Rio on Sunday, March 6. The restaurant will also be serving some special dishes including casquinha do siri (blue crab, dende oil remoulade and fresh lime) and a mangueria roll (king crab, tuna, yellowtail, salmon, eel, shrimp, avocado, soy paper & aji panca).
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014
- The List: Rocco's Tacos' Rocco Mangel
- For Michael Mina's ninja-chef, freaking out is not an option
- Thanksgiving 2014: South Florida Dining Guide
- Chef Brad Kilgore to open Alter restaurant in Wynwood
- Secretive "Dîner en Blanc" coming in December
- SooWoo to sling late-night noodles, weekend dim sum in South Beach