A new spin on things
A celeb favorite at Mondrian
Just in time for our annual vow-to-do-better resolution after another calorie-laden holiday season, SoulCycle opens its doors at the Mondrian South Beach, 1100 West Ave. New York's indoor cycling workout -- an intense 45-minute session of pedaling -- is a hot ticket item among the celebrity set. Tom and Katie were spotted in classes last weekend, and Kelly Ripa, Kevin Bacon and Brooke Shields are also Soul-sters. The South Beach outpost will feature 30 bikes in a studio on the third floor of the hotel for $32 a session. And for those of you who believe shopping-is-my-cardio, head to the SoulCycle boutique. Doors opened, fittingly, the day after Christmas.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails