A Corny Ceremony for New Year's Chasers
So, you're not a big party person on New Year's Day? Me, neither. Try my New Year's ocean ceremony. It's a little corny, but it always works.
So, I do this corny thing every New Year's Day. My friends and I write down all our desires and goals on paper. Then we pray and toss these sheets into the ocean. The ceremony usually takes place on the beach somewhere in front of a hotel. I'll probably have a glass of wine at The Riverside Hotel's Indigo Restaurant then walk over to Ft. Lauderdale Beach for the ceremony. So, what's the point? To baptize the new year with a fresh, new attitude. To surrender your dreams to the boundless ocean, knowing that the possibilities in 2010 are, indeed, boundless. Try it. Let me know what you think.
- Four Seasons offers $132,000 golf vacation jet-setting from Miami to Costa Rica & West Indies
- How to step inside your favorite Baz Luhrmann movie at the new Faena Hotel Miami Beach
- Where do Miami's top hospitality pros want to travel in 2016?
- Alan Faena on life as an artistic expression, storytelling & his new Miami Beach hotel
- Miami hotel openings on the horizon for 2016
- Deck the halls with these holiday & winter hotel deals
- Inside The Hall South Beach, Joie de Vivre's first east coast property
- Aboard Norwegian Escape's maiden voyage
- Mark your calendars! Cyber Monday is Back
- James Bond-inspired hotel stays in time for 'Spectre' release