8 Oz. Burger Bar is now American Burger
Alton Rd. location changes hands, moves to Lincoln Rd.; North Miami location remains 8 Oz.
Hardly major news here, but South Beach's 8 Oz. Burger Bar is now called American Burger. 8 Oz's North Miami location has seemingly kept its maiden name. As for why the name change, we called and an employee said "Ask the owner," so we emailed Eric Fried, to whom original owner Josh Woodward licensed the 8 Oz. name several years ago. He is currently out of town but on his American Burger Facebook page someone at the restaurant replied to a few confused customers saying, "Just new name, same ownership." You say P Diddy, I say Puff Daddy . . . .others will say shady. Update: apparently the 'original' 8 Oz. is moving to Lincoln Road and has no affiliation with American Burger.
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner
- Amy Kalinowski is the new pastry chef at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- PBS Chef Irie's May 7 Hidden Kitchen collaboration
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more