8 Oz. Burger Bar is now American Burger
Alton Rd. location changes hands, moves to Lincoln Rd.; North Miami location remains 8 Oz.
Hardly major news here, but South Beach's 8 Oz. Burger Bar is now called American Burger. 8 Oz's North Miami location has seemingly kept its maiden name. As for why the name change, we called and an employee said "Ask the owner," so we emailed Eric Fried, to whom original owner Josh Woodward licensed the 8 Oz. name several years ago. He is currently out of town but on his American Burger Facebook page someone at the restaurant replied to a few confused customers saying, "Just new name, same ownership." You say P Diddy, I say Puff Daddy . . . .others will say shady. Update: apparently the 'original' 8 Oz. is moving to Lincoln Road and has no affiliation with American Burger.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai