8 Oz. Burger Bar is now American Burger
Alton Rd. location changes hands, moves to Lincoln Rd.; North Miami location remains 8 Oz.
Hardly major news here, but South Beach's 8 Oz. Burger Bar is now called American Burger. 8 Oz's North Miami location has seemingly kept its maiden name. As for why the name change, we called and an employee said "Ask the owner," so we emailed Eric Fried, to whom original owner Josh Woodward licensed the 8 Oz. name several years ago. He is currently out of town but on his American Burger Facebook page someone at the restaurant replied to a few confused customers saying, "Just new name, same ownership." You say P Diddy, I say Puff Daddy . . . .others will say shady. Update: apparently the 'original' 8 Oz. is moving to Lincoln Road and has no affiliation with American Burger.
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto
- The Rumor Mill: Brad Kilgore leaving J&G Grill? Danny Grant out at 1826? Taperia Raca & more
- Giorgio Rapicavoli’s Taperia Raca sold, closed