8 Oz. Burger Bar is now American Burger
Alton Rd. location changes hands, moves to Lincoln Rd.; North Miami location remains 8 Oz.
Hardly major news here, but South Beach's 8 Oz. Burger Bar is now called American Burger. 8 Oz's North Miami location has seemingly kept its maiden name. As for why the name change, we called and an employee said "Ask the owner," so we emailed Eric Fried, to whom original owner Josh Woodward licensed the 8 Oz. name several years ago. He is currently out of town but on his American Burger Facebook page someone at the restaurant replied to a few confused customers saying, "Just new name, same ownership." You say P Diddy, I say Puff Daddy . . . .others will say shady. Update: apparently the 'original' 8 Oz. is moving to Lincoln Road and has no affiliation with American Burger.
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF