7 Peruvian seafood restaurants in Miami to try now
From ceviches to tiraditos and more, these Peruvian places have you covered.
This week's Miami Flavors guide in the Miami Herald helps give you an introduction to the area's Peruvian cuisine. Specifically, its sea-based dishes like ceviche, tiradito and more. Here are seven Miami restaurants to check out for a taste of Peruvian seafood:
1. Ceviche 105: This sleek, upscale eatery in the heart of downtown is notable for its modern take on traditional ceviches and tiraditos. Second location coming soon to Lincoln Road in Miami Beach. 105 NE Third Ave., Miami.
2. Divino Ceviche: Founded in 2012, this Doral-based restaurant became so popular for its “divine” ceviche that it opened a Coral Gables location to meet demand. 2629 NW 79th Ave., Doral, and 160 Giralda Ave., Coral Gables.
3. El Chalán: This Westchester hole in the wall and its South Beach sibling have been around for ages and with good reason: generous portions of fresh seafood at great prices. 7971 Bird Rd., Miami, and 1580 Washington Ave., Miami Beach.
4. La Mar: Peru’s most celebrated chef and prolific restaurateur Gastón Acurio opened his first Miami location this year at the Mandarin Oriental. Its menu spans from raw ceviches and tiraditos to grilled anticuchos and dishes with Japanese and Chinese influences. 500 Brickell Key Dr., Miami.
5. My Ceviche: If Shake Shack had a Peruvian cousin, it would be My Ceviche. This local fast-casual chain offers six varieties of fantastically fresh ceviche as well as ceviche-inspired bowls, burritos and tacos. Locations in Brickell, South Beach, South Miami and coming soon to Coral Gables.
6. Sabor a Peru: This Edgewater neighborhood joint has a very loyal following and an extensive selection of seafood and fish offerings that would whet the appetite of any Peruvian food lover. 2923 Biscayne Blvd., Miami.
7. TiraDToss: This Doral spot features Peruvian-Japanese dishes as well as a selection of sushi, sashimi and tartare. 2475 NW 95th Ave., Doral.
- Pubbelly's L'echon Brasserie closes in Miami Beach
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine
- La Moderna Italian restaurant and bar opens in Sunset Harbour
- Kids Eat Free July 1-31: Feast on Munchkin Eats
- Michael Schwartz to close Cayman Islands outpost of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- The Dutch's BBQ series returns July 1
- The List: 10 best bets for Father's Day dining in South Florida
- Macchialina team to open BaZi modern Asian restaurant in South Beach's Marlin Hotel