65th annual Junior Orange Bowl Parade marches back into town
Coral Gables hosts the 65th annual Junior Orange Bowl Parade this Sunday with war heroes as Grand Marshals.
Junior Orange Bowl Parade
6 p.m. Sunday
Alhambra Circle and Ponce de Leon Boulevard south to Miracle Mile and west to Coral Gables City Hall
Strike up the band!
You've stuffed yourself on Thanksgiving and overdosed on shopping.
Now it's time to enjoy the fun times of a parade, specifically, the 65th annual Junior Orange Bowl Parade in downtown Coral Gables.
The date has moved this year - the parade will start at 6 p.m. Sunday and will feature three Tuskegee Airmen as the grand marshals. High school bands, show horses, performers, and floats — all will march down Miracle Mile. This year’s theme is “Illumination Spectacular.”
The parade is free for those who want to stand on the sidewalks. The parade starts at the Alhambra Circle and Ponce de Leon Boulevard intersection, travels south to Miracle Mile, then heads west to Coral Gables City Hall and Biltmore Way. If you want to sit in the grandstand, tickets start at $10. For information, call 305-662-1210 or visit juniororangebowl.org
See and Do
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to kids programs and camps for the summer in Miami
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to parks in Miami this summer
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 22-24
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more