65th annual Junior Orange Bowl Parade marches back into town
Coral Gables hosts the 65th annual Junior Orange Bowl Parade this Sunday with war heroes as Grand Marshals.
Junior Orange Bowl Parade
6 p.m. Sunday
Alhambra Circle and Ponce de Leon Boulevard south to Miracle Mile and west to Coral Gables City Hall
Strike up the band!
You've stuffed yourself on Thanksgiving and overdosed on shopping.
Now it's time to enjoy the fun times of a parade, specifically, the 65th annual Junior Orange Bowl Parade in downtown Coral Gables.
The date has moved this year - the parade will start at 6 p.m. Sunday and will feature three Tuskegee Airmen as the grand marshals. High school bands, show horses, performers, and floats — all will march down Miracle Mile. This year’s theme is “Illumination Spectacular.”
The parade is free for those who want to stand on the sidewalks. The parade starts at the Alhambra Circle and Ponce de Leon Boulevard intersection, travels south to Miracle Mile, then heads west to Coral Gables City Hall and Biltmore Way. If you want to sit in the grandstand, tickets start at $10. For information, call 305-662-1210 or visit juniororangebowl.org
See and Do
- 15 things to do with the kids Oct 5-11: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 2-4
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'
- Concerts usher in the musical sounds of the new season