65th annual Junior Orange Bowl Parade marches back into town
Coral Gables hosts the 65th annual Junior Orange Bowl Parade this Sunday with war heroes as Grand Marshals.
Strike up the band!
You've stuffed yourself on Thanksgiving and overdosed on shopping.
Now it's time to enjoy the fun times of a parade, specifically, the 65th annual Junior Orange Bowl Parade in downtown Coral Gables.
The date has moved this year - the parade will start at 6 p.m. Sunday and will feature three Tuskegee Airmen as the grand marshals. High school bands, show horses, performers, and floats — all will march down Miracle Mile. This year’s theme is “Illumination Spectacular.”
The parade is free for those who want to stand on the sidewalks. The parade starts at the Alhambra Circle and Ponce de Leon Boulevard intersection, travels south to Miracle Mile, then heads west to Coral Gables City Hall and Biltmore Way. If you want to sit in the grandstand, tickets start at $10. For information, call 305-662-1210 or visit juniororangebowl.org
Junior Orange Bowl Parade
6 p.m. Sunday
Alhambra Circle and Ponce de Leon Boulevard south to Miracle Mile and west to Coral Gables City Hall
See and Do
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016
- 9 weird things you see in Miami
- Are these are the best places in Miami to propose to your loved one?