50 most powerful African Americans in South Florida
Black power party weekend celebrates influential members in the community at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, hosted by Legacy Magazine
Miami is a place where name dropping comes in handy. Often, it's who you know not necessarily who you are that gets you in the door. That said, this month, Legacy Magazine hosts a two-day event to honor the 50 most influential African Americans in South Florida. It'll be a time to rub shoulders with big names such as T. Willard Fair, President of the Urban League of Greater Miami, Damita Salters, Vice President and Consumer Market Manager for Bank of America, Stacey Oddman, Chief of Family Medicine at Holy Cross Hospital, Bill Diggs, President & CEO Miami Dade Chamber of Commerce, Franklin Adderly, Fort Lauderdale Police Chief, Brodes Hartley, CEO Community Health of South Florida and Denise Barrett Johnson, Principal at Phyllis Wheatley Elementary School and the State of Florida 2013 Vice Principal of the Year.
The event will be hosted at the Bonaventure Resort & Spa in Weston, FL, and begins on Friday, May 17. Attendees will be greeted at Bar Zen with a Power Welcome from 3 to 7 p.m. The public is invited to Say It Loud Power Party, an evening networking reception at the spa pool from 7 to 9 p.m. The night's event costs $25 for the general public, but is free for all honorees, honoree guests and those who are staying at the hotel for the Legacy Power Weekend.
The following day includes everything from Rise and Shine Yoga from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m., a Breakfast with Presidents event where attendees get to network with CEO's of various organizations from 8 to 10 a.m. The event concludes with Casual Consultations where individuals will be provided 20-minutes sessions with professionals regarding wealth management, life balancing and coaching, personal branding and image consultation.
What:Legacy Power Weekend
When: May 17, 18
Where:Bonaventure Resort & Spa, 250 Racquet Club Rd., Weston, FL 33326
Bonaventure Resort & Spa
Legacy Power Weekend Room Rates
$139 per night/single, $149 per night/double
Click here to book a room
- 5 Things to Expect at the 3rd Annual REVOLT Music Conference
- Miami Soul: Carnival weekend party lineup - J'Ouvert, Soca Brainwash, Vale Vibe Breakfast Party, and more
- The 2016 Miami Broward Carnival Signature Events
- Miami Soul Labor Day weekend guide: AfroBeats Day Party, Day La Soul Day Party, The Jam 90's Party and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Amaris Jones' Sunday Remastered Dinner Party, Flow Fridays, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Grit, Grits, and Glitter; Brunch on the Bay, Sigma Cookout, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Lyric Live featuring Regina Belle, DanceAfrica Miami, Day La Soul day party, and more
- DanceAfrica Miami debuts August 5-7
- Miami Soul weekend guide: International Music Fest, Overtown Music Festival, Lyric Comedy Fest, and more
- 5 things to look forward to at the Overtown Music & Arts Festival