50 Eggs taking over Gables Diner space
And the 50 Eggs expansion continues
2320 Galiano St.
This just in: 50 Eggs, the parent company of Yardbird Southern Table + Bar, Swine Southern Table + Bar, Khong River House and Patpong Road continues its expansion south and is allegedly taking over the space formerly known as the Gables Diner. We asked egg-in-chief John Kunkel for a clue, but while we wait for the official word, our snarky source, alluding to Kunkel's latest legal woes versus former employee, Chef Bee, tells us the buzz is that it will be a tavern of sorts, adding, "maybe for all the attorneys on his payroll." Snort. Or tort(e)? Stay tuned.
This in from Kunkel: "We are looking at the Gables space as well as others, but nothing is finalized. Also, we are working on several concepts and have not decided on what would fit the Gables best."
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space