50 Eggs taking over Gables Diner space
And the 50 Eggs expansion continues
2320 Galiano St.
This just in: 50 Eggs, the parent company of Yardbird Southern Table + Bar, Swine Southern Table + Bar, Khong River House and Patpong Road continues its expansion south and is allegedly taking over the space formerly known as the Gables Diner. We asked egg-in-chief John Kunkel for a clue, but while we wait for the official word, our snarky source, alluding to Kunkel's latest legal woes versus former employee, Chef Bee, tells us the buzz is that it will be a tavern of sorts, adding, "maybe for all the attorneys on his payroll." Snort. Or tort(e)? Stay tuned.
This in from Kunkel: "We are looking at the Gables space as well as others, but nothing is finalized. Also, we are working on several concepts and have not decided on what would fit the Gables best."
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner
- Amy Kalinowski is the new pastry chef at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- PBS Chef Irie's May 7 Hidden Kitchen collaboration
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami