50 Eggs taking over Gables Diner space
And the 50 Eggs expansion continues
2320 Galiano St.
This just in: 50 Eggs, the parent company of Yardbird Southern Table + Bar, Swine Southern Table + Bar, Khong River House and Patpong Road continues its expansion south and is allegedly taking over the space formerly known as the Gables Diner. We asked egg-in-chief John Kunkel for a clue, but while we wait for the official word, our snarky source, alluding to Kunkel's latest legal woes versus former employee, Chef Bee, tells us the buzz is that it will be a tavern of sorts, adding, "maybe for all the attorneys on his payroll." Snort. Or tort(e)? Stay tuned.
This in from Kunkel: "We are looking at the Gables space as well as others, but nothing is finalized. Also, we are working on several concepts and have not decided on what would fit the Gables best."
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.