50 Eggs taking over Gables Diner space
And the 50 Eggs expansion continues
This just in: 50 Eggs, the parent company of Yardbird Southern Table + Bar, Swine Southern Table + Bar, Khong River House and Patpong Road continues its expansion south and is allegedly taking over the space formerly known as the Gables Diner. We asked egg-in-chief John Kunkel for a clue, but while we wait for the official word, our snarky source, alluding to Kunkel's latest legal woes versus former employee, Chef Bee, tells us the buzz is that it will be a tavern of sorts, adding, "maybe for all the attorneys on his payroll." Snort. Or tort(e)? Stay tuned.
This in from Kunkel: "We are looking at the Gables space as well as others, but nothing is finalized. Also, we are working on several concepts and have not decided on what would fit the Gables best."
2320 Galiano St.
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name