50 Eggs taking over Gables Diner space
And the 50 Eggs expansion continues
This just in: 50 Eggs, the parent company of Yardbird Southern Table + Bar, Swine Southern Table + Bar, Khong River House and Patpong Road continues its expansion south and is allegedly taking over the space formerly known as the Gables Diner. We asked egg-in-chief John Kunkel for a clue, but while we wait for the official word, our snarky source, alluding to Kunkel's latest legal woes versus former employee, Chef Bee, tells us the buzz is that it will be a tavern of sorts, adding, "maybe for all the attorneys on his payroll." Snort. Or tort(e)? Stay tuned.
This in from Kunkel: "We are looking at the Gables space as well as others, but nothing is finalized. Also, we are working on several concepts and have not decided on what would fit the Gables best."
2320 Galiano St.
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"