5 Things to do during the Miami Heat’s NBA playoff run
From champagne to Heat Wings, here’s how to enjoy the games at and around the AmericanAirlines Arena
The Miami Heat begin their quest to repeat as NBA champions this weekend with a home game scheduled for Sunday, April 21 at 7 p.m. against the Milwaukee Bucks. If LeBron James and company reach the NBA Finals, the playoffs will last through mid-June, so here are five ways to get into the spirit during the next couple of months.
1. Enjoy some Moet Ice Imperial during the game.
No matter where you end up watching a Heat playoff game, sip on a glass of Moet & Chandon’s only champagne meant to be served over ice. Moët Ice Impérial will be served in large and distinctive white goblets throughout AmericanAirlines Arena and will be available at both Flagship Lounges, Premium Seating, the Dewar’s Suite Level and at the HYDE Lounge. If you want to enjoy some at home, the champagne is available for purchase at Wine & Spirits Emporium and Gulf Liquors.
2. Catch a game at Hyde Lounge
The uber-exclusive lounge under the stands at the AmericanAirlines Arena will be offering various packages to choose from during home playoff games. If you have a game ticket you can add access to Hyde Lounge for $50 (price goes up to $200 for the NBA Finals). If you don’t have a game ticket, you can get access to Hyde Lounge for $100 and watch the game on the big screen. ($500 for NBA Finals). There are also packages ranging from $2,500 to $10,000 that include access to Hyde, game tickets, pre-game dinner, post-game bottle service, and a hotel stay at SLS with car service to the games. For more information call 855-777-HYDE.
3. Order a White Hot Roll
The theme, once again, for the Miami Heat playoffs is White Hot. So what better item to eat during the game than the White Hot Roll from Hyde Lounge at the arena. The roll, inspired by the chefs at Katsuya at the SLS Hotel, contains baked scallops, spicy California, and dynamite sauce and costs $15.
4. Hit the Heat Store and get something white
The White Hot theme for the Heat playoffs means white is in for the next three months. If your white Heat shirt from last season is showing some wear and tear, and your v-neck plain white-T leaves you longing for more, then head to the Heat Store at the AAA or online at www.themiamiheatstore.com and get the latest in White Hot Heat apparel.
5. Make Will Call your new home away from home.
So you can’t score tickets and lounge passes are too expensive for your wallet but you still want to be near all the action? Then Will Call bar across from the arena is your new home (700 NE 2nd Ave.). There will be drink specials for each Heat home playoff game, you can order the "Heat Wings" or pulled pork sliders with "Heat Sauce", and weekend games will be followed immediately by live music (like this Saturday when David Mayfield takes the stage with his grassroots, Americana sound). TVs tuned to the Heat game will play the broadcast audio throughout the bar, and in the event of a win you can run outside and celebrate with fans streaming out from the arena.
See and Do
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 17-19
- Miami Science Museum hosts annual Galaxy Gala and Big Bang fundraiser
- Dennis Watkins brings magic back to the Arsht in ‘The Magnificents’
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates a decade of jokes
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 10-12
- Tortuga Festival returns to Fort Lauderdale with Kenny Chesney and more
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates one decade of jokes
- Top 5 things to do at Miami Beach Gay Pride
- Miami Riverday Festival celebrates the Miami River's storied past
- Miami’s Mad Cat causes ‘Earthquake’ at Comedy Fest