Catch a rendition of Alfred Hitchcock's "The 39 Steps" through February 28th at the Parker Playhouse in Fort Lauderdale.
707 NE 8th St
Fort Lauderdale, 33304
By Solange Reyner
Enjoy Alfred Hitchcock's thrillers? How about a Broadway show? The two are meshed together in a whodunit theatrical performance titled "The 39 Steps," now playing at Fort Lauderdale's Parker Playhouse through February 28th. This two-time Tony winning show is on tour in the U.S. through June, but you won't find it anywhere near South Florida after the 28th.
"The 39 Steps," Broadway's longest running comedy thriller, was born in 1995 out of the creative minds of Nobby Dimon and Simon Corble in Northern Ireland. Ths show, based on Hitchcock's 1935 movie, was later adapted by Patrick Barlow to include a bit more comedy.
Performances take place Tuesday through Saturday at 8 p.m., Sundays at 7:30 p.m., with matinees showing at 2 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Prices range from $15 to $60.
See and Do
- Video: #HowTo Miami Beach
- Easter Eggstravaganzas, Free Yoga & Munchkin Gardening: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 23-29
- Saturday event provides bikers of all levels a safe path in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 20-22
- Miami Open expands entertainment options with top chefs, models and Olympians
- Billy Porter plays Colony Theater this weekend
- St. Patty’s Day Fun, Free Play, Spring Break Prep & Legos: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 16-22
- Photo exhibit at UM Art Gallery explores life on the Texas High Plains
- 13th Annual Orchid Festival arrives this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 13-15