2013 Mother's Day Gift Guide
Gift ideas for mom on her day - Sunday, May 12
1. Sweetin' mama up without the sugar, carbs, gluten with Miami Cocktail Co.'s Sweet Tea or Pina Colada ready-to-serve cocktails. Because you and I both know mama needs a cocktail. And what better way to imbibe than on a bev that is full of the good stuff (aka 15 percent alcohol), and none of the bad (aka preservatives, additives, colorings, etc.). ($14.99) Available at Vintage Liquors, 11753 S. Dixie Highway, Miami.
2. If your mother's a total beach babe, these Squid Wash & Wear Travel bags are IT. They're ideal for the keeping soggy suits and clothes separate from everything else in your bag. The added bonus? They fold in half, unlike competing wear/wash bags. ($15.99) Available at http://www.squidpacks.com/shop-accessories/
3. Have mother say, "Adios," to baggy, saggy boxer shorts. Allow us to introduce you to the perfect pair of boxers — Paxton 1345. The luxe loungewear line boasts fitted, flattering boxers available in a spate of bold colors and patterns and can even be monogrammed for an additional $8. ($44 to $52). Available at http://www.paxton1345.com/
4. Mama loves your mug. So why not gift her a bespoke scarf from Hayden-Harnett? All you have to do is upload an image to their site and voila! — your face will be placed on a scarf for a truly one-of-a-kind accessory. ($110 and up) Available at http://www.haydenharnett.com/
5. She gave you the gift of life, so give mama the gift of longevity. We're so serious. At Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa in Doral, the center boasts fitness classes, yummy-yet-waist-slimming meals, healthy living workshops, a decadent spa and private indoor and outdoor salt-water pools. (Prices vary) Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa, 8755 NW 36th St., Doral; 305-935-7100.
6. Monogrammed jewelry is so on trend right now. These choose-your-own initials Finishing Touch bracelets by locally loved Lola James Jewelry are the very definition of a personalized arm party! ($125 each) Available at http://www.lolajamesjewelry.com/
7. Comfy, cool and empowering — based-in-Miami's Peace Love World caps, tees, sweats and tops give life to clothes you wear. Their Mother's Day collection are just the thing for Mother's Day gifting — thanks to sweet sayings about good ol' ma. ($25 and up) Available at Peace Love World boutiques in Coral Gables, South Miami and Miami Beach and online at http://peaceloveworld.com/
8. Ladies love receiving goodies wrapped in the little blue box from Tiffany & Co. and this Ziegfeld Collection Five-strand Pearl Bracelet is no exception to the rule. ($750) Available at Tiffany & Co. at Village of Merrick Park and Bal Harbour Shops.
9. For a personalized present with some bling (because every mama adores a little razzle-dazzle, obviously) this Swarovski Thank You Mom Charm Set will do the trick. You can add more charms for extra personalization. ($100) Available at Swarovski boutiques at The Falls, Lincoln Road and Aventura Mall or online here
10. Let mother rock the croc, ostrich or python with one of Nancy Gonzalez's coveted clutches and handbags. Loved for her expert use of exotic skins, a Nancy Gonzalez bag always warrants a "Ooh, wear did you get that?" response from passersby. (Prices available upon request). Nancy Gonzalez handbags are available at Neiman Marcus stores at Merrick Park or Bal Harbour Shops or online at http://www.nancygonzalez.com/
- H&M Aventura Is Getting a Facelift
- 5 Facts about The Falls Shopping Mall
- 5 Facts About Town Center at Boca Raton
- H&M Launches Coachella Collection
- 7 Mother's Day gifts that tell mommy she is your dearest
- 6 Can't Miss Shops on Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- 7 Ways to Eat Your Way To A Sexy Body
- Spa Week is Ba-ack! Score $50 Treatments
- H&M Expands in Florida