20 Under 40 in the Arts
We are searching for South Floridians under 40 who are poised to make an impact in our local arts scene or are shifting that world already.
The Miami Herald and Miami.com are searching for South Floridians under 40 who are poised to make an impact in our local arts scene or are shifting that world already.
Through Aug. 1, we're accepting nominations for inclusion in our 20 Under 40 list of emerging South Florida arts innovators and leaders.
We're looking for people working in visual arts, theater, music, dance or performance art whose fresh approaches or community work mark them as local leaders.
Individuals should have high ethical standards, must live or work in Miami-Dade or Broward counties and be between ages 20-39 on Aug. 1, 2010.
We'll be looking for a combination of these qualities:
- Demonstrated leadership in the arts
- Influence on his/her genre's South Florida community
- Ability to create ground-breaking work
To nominate someone (or yourself), send an e-mail to 20under40@MiamiHerald.com.
Nominations must include the following (personal information will be kept private):
Nominee's name, date of birth, home and work addresses, daytime and evening phone numbers, e-mail address and a copy of the nominee's resume. You must include a 150-word essay about why the nominee should be considered. If you are nominating yourself, please have a non-relative familiar with your work and character write this and include his/her contact information and relationship to you.
Nominations must be submitted by noon Aug. 1.
The list of 20 under 40 will be announced in the Season of the Arts section on Sept. 12.
See and Do
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 17-19
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 10-12
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- Ultimate Guide to Miami's Museums
- Are you ready for a Miami art festival celebrating nudity and eroticism?
- 7 museums to visit during Miami Museum Month
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- Wynwood Art Walk moves to a larger street for monthly event in Miami
- 6 ways to tap into the Miami-London love affair
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center