20 Under 40 in the Arts
We are searching for South Floridians under 40 who are poised to make an impact in our local arts scene or are shifting that world already.
The Miami Herald and Miami.com are searching for South Floridians under 40 who are poised to make an impact in our local arts scene or are shifting that world already.
Through Aug. 1, we're accepting nominations for inclusion in our 20 Under 40 list of emerging South Florida arts innovators and leaders.
We're looking for people working in visual arts, theater, music, dance or performance art whose fresh approaches or community work mark them as local leaders.
Individuals should have high ethical standards, must live or work in Miami-Dade or Broward counties and be between ages 20-39 on Aug. 1, 2010.
We'll be looking for a combination of these qualities:
- Demonstrated leadership in the arts
- Influence on his/her genre's South Florida community
- Ability to create ground-breaking work
To nominate someone (or yourself), send an e-mail to 20under40@MiamiHerald.com.
Nominations must include the following (personal information will be kept private):
Nominee's name, date of birth, home and work addresses, daytime and evening phone numbers, e-mail address and a copy of the nominee's resume. You must include a 150-word essay about why the nominee should be considered. If you are nominating yourself, please have a non-relative familiar with your work and character write this and include his/her contact information and relationship to you.
Nominations must be submitted by noon Aug. 1.
The list of 20 under 40 will be announced in the Season of the Arts section on Sept. 12.
See and Do
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 10 features you won’t want to miss
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
- LA artist Kenton Parker elevates the 'selfie' with solo exhibition at Primary Projects for Art Basel
- Big brands descend on Miami Art Week to expose emerging artists to the public
- Accessible Art: Fort Lauderdale art exhibit spotlights 10 female artists, CIFO teams up with Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and MOCA on WPBT Ch. 2
- More gifts pour in as Pérez Art Museum Miami prepares to open
- Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
- Abstract painter Larry Poons brings art to Miami nature center in January
- Lunch with Lydia: Daughter of Wynwood pioneer carries on father’s mission