20 under 40
Are you or someone you know a South Floridian under 40 who is a business innovator or emerging leader? Then let us know.
Last year, The Miami Herald identified 20 South Floridians under 40 who were poised to make an impact – or shifting our world already. On the list were entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers, teachers, an engineer and the president of a television network.
And, as the leaders you expect them to be, together and separately, they have remained engaged over the past year with community causes as they moved their own careers forward.
But that doesn’t mean South Florida’s leadership ranks are filled. Far from it.
So this year, we ask again for your help with The Miami Herald’s 20 Under 40 Search for Emerging South Florida Leaders, sponsored by the University of Miami School of Business, The Miami Herald and Miami.com.
If you know of someone who qualifies - or if you should be on our radar screen - let us know.
Through April 1, we’re accepting nominations for inclusion in our 20 Under 40 list of emerging South Florida business innovators and leaders.
We’re looking for men and women between the ages of 20 and 39.8, working in any field - technology, law, not-for-profit organizations, medicine, education, entrepreneurial endeavors, tourism, finance, real estate or any other field - whose innovative approaches, business acumen or community focus mark them as leaders.
All nominees should have high ethical standards and be influential in their own spheres, be it in their companies, their industries or their communities. Nominees must work or live in Miami-Dade, Broward, Monroe or Palm Beach counties.
E-mail your nomination to 20under40@MiamiHerald.com.
Nominations must include the following:
• Nominee’s name
• Date of birth
• Home address
• Work address
• Day and evening phone numbers
• E-mail address
• 150 words about why the nominee should be considered an emerging leader. Please be as detailed as possible. (If you are nominating yourself, please have a non-relative familiar with your work and character write this, and include his/her contact information and relationship to you.)
• Optional: Head shot.
Note that nominees must not have turned 40 before April 1.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Emilio Estefan movie to have world premiere
- Kim Kardashian's ex husband sells home
- Boca Raton sixth-grader has dog shampoo in Oscars bag