20 fun things to do April 8-14
20 fun things to do April 8-14: MunchkinFun.com's top weekly picks
Welcome to Miami's kid calendar! Lots of fun on tap this week- sign up for our newsletter for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida. Huge news - we're expanding to Boca! Tell all your Boca, Boynton, Delray, Deerfield & Parkland friends to sign up for our newsletter.
Summer planning is in full swing - sign up for Munchkin Fun Classes for first access to Miami's top classes & camps - all screened for quality, safety & cleanliness. Trusted information accessible 24/7 - coming this month. Looking for something immediate? Enter to win four tickets for We're Going on a Bear Hunt at the Broward Center.
Treat munchkins 3-12 to a Lego creations contest at Main Library, catch an al fresco screening of The Princess Bride, read with Isabella: Star of the Story in the Gables, visit the pediatric mobile health clinic on North Beach, explore Tales Under the Stars on Key Biscayne or in West Dade, join a scavenger hunt with Saige at American Girl or send your better half to a Conscious Discipline daddy bootcamp.
Treat Teens to HistoryMiami
Kids 13-17 are invited to spend the summer exploring Miami’s history through photography and research in HistoryMiami’s inaugural Teen Miami Summer Institute. From July 1-Aug 16, students will work with the Museum staff, area experts and other teens to capture contemporary history and create an exhibition. Register and get more info at 305-375-1601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See a Show
Treat the munchkins to the magic of live performance! Check out Aladdin & the Magic Lamp in Aventura, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie in Davie, kids opera in Sunny Isles or 16th century entertainment at the Florida Renaissance Festival.
Get fit and do good at MOPS of Miami's Zumbathon, feast on food & drink at the Great Taste of the Grove, bring older kids to Teen Tech Revolution at HistoryMiami or hop in the kitchen with a mommy & munchkin pastry class at db Bistro Moderne.
See and Do
- Our favorite Miami stories this week
- 5 things that will always remind you you're in Miami
- 5 reasons why mango season is the best time to be in Miami
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- Friends of The Underline hosts #PokemonGoUnderline social media contest
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples